VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone,
    This may be off topic for this site but.........
    Does anyone know if there is a Combat Flight Simulator program / software out there that works on a PC (NOT STEAM!) with the Windows 10 Operating System?
    Everything I find is for Windows XP or Windows 7 - at best.

Microsoft made Combat Flight Simulator 3 but like all the other available Combat Flight Simulator programs that I can see, it is hopelessly outdated in every way.

I am not looking for free stuff.

Thank you.
    andy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Flight sims were a niche market at best, even when they were popular. Not a popular genre recently, and I don't recall the last sim that I saw released or reviewed in PC Gamer.

Any of the older titles that supported or ran under Win7, will run under Win10.

Sorry that I can't help further.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a Combat Flight Simulator program / software out there that works on a PC (NOT STEAM!) with the Windows 10 Operating System?
    What do you mean by "STEAM"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, everyone.

This is STEAM:
    http://store.steampowered.com/

STEAM is an Internet-based digital distribution platform offering digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer, and social networking. Steam provides the user with installation and automatic updating of games and community features such as friends lists playing and competition, and group playing, cloud saving, and in-game voice and chat functionality for multiple players simultaneously. The software provides a freely available application programming interface (API) called Steamworks, which developers can use to integrate many of Steam's functions into their software/ gaming products, including networking, matchmaking, in-game achievements. The Steam website also replicates the storefront and social network features of the stand-alone software / application.

As of September 2015, over 6,400 games are available through Steam. The service has over 125 million active users. The Steam platform is considered to be the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming - 75% of games bought online are downloaded through Steam. In 2015, users purchased titles through Steam or through Steam keys from third-party vendors totaling around $3.5 billion representing 15% of the global PC game sales for the year.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Krispy Kritter,
    Yes, you are correct about some games were released on Windows 7.
    However, what I find is that these games don't work on Windows 10. I have spent many hours trying to get them to work. A good example is il*2 BATTLE OF STALINGRAD made by Ubisoft. I simply will not run on Windows 10.

There is one that I did getto work on Windows 10 - Microsoft Combat Simulator3. But, it took a lot of work - and the result is poor. The graphics are hopelessly and ridiculously outdated.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many games will ONLY work on STEAM.

I don't want to use STEAM - it is a pain.

I am looking for a Combat Flight Simulator game that works on Windows 10 that is stand alone....what I mean is a Combat Flight Simulator game that works on a PC without STEAM.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving you to our COMPUTER section.

Just downgrade to Windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK
    Quote Quote