VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just had this crazy idea that instead of being tethered to the above camcorder with a wired headphone I was wondering if plugging into the microphone port a bluetooth dongle might just work with bluetooth headphones.
    To be honest I have not seen anywhere on youtube or the internet where this has been tried. if it does the advantages are obvious. May even work on a camera who knows.
    Quote Quote  
  2. IT WORKS YIPPEE.

Has a range of about 30ft max but that is not the point also slight latency of about 0. 3 seconds but tolorable. What a pleasure it is not to be tied down with a cable from earphone to camcorder.

Ok this setup

Manfrotto befree live tripod and on the handle a wired remote control for zoom and stop start
    the camcorder Panasonic HC-X1500 with additional handle
    the BlitzMax wireless bluetooth dongle
    Soundcore Anker Q20 bluetooth wire/wireless headphones
    Azden SMX-30V microphone
    Deadcat

well I decided to do a stereo sound test using the bluetooth dongle and the wireless bluetooth headphones. Sounds really odd wearing them, the slight latency delay hearing yourself clapping a short time later.
    First I went to one side of the setup and clapped my hands then to the other and did the same. this tested the stereo microphone and it worked far better than I expected. The noise in the background is someone cutting the grass

https://youtu.be/-uMh9Qm-Lpw

So now I can instantly do a stereo check without having to do any playback first
    Last edited by realspeed; 14th May 2023 at 11:08.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Or just get a proper wireless microphone setup, Little pricy though but quality is better.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Or just get a proper wireless microphone setup, Little pricy though but quality is better.
    I thank you for your idea, but although that headphone has a built in microphone my main reason was not to be tethered to the camcorder for sound. To me there is nothing worse that having a camcorder on a tripod and panning it around avoiding trailing audio cables. Th Azden microphone is all I really need
    Quote Quote