VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a FAST and lossless fix for out of sync material! I got these married with children vcd's. Every one was going out of sync upon demux/remux. So i tried womble mpeg2 vcr (suports mpeg 1 and 2 so dont worry) It works! The new file can be properly demuxed and remuxed without reencding!!

First load the mpeg in womble. Drag the mpeg file into womble window. (Cant be a bin file and possibly not a dat file, sorry)

next browse for or type in a new filename and path, and click SAVE. Chose mpe1 program stream or mpeg2 program stream. no need to make a vcd or svcd stream at this point.

Now your new file will remain in sync during the demux and remux, and womble will not reencode the file if you chose the same mpeg 1 or 2 the source was. What I am guessing is happening, is womble is parsing the PTS data and reencoding only the frames that would otherwise be missing. thus the final output file truly has the exact right amount of frames and will remain in sync.

You will notice it writes out the new file incredibly fast, due to its not having to reencode the whole thing. Believe me, I was rather excited when I tried this and it worked. I have 55 mpgs like this one that ALL went out of sync, and the thought of reencoding all of them made me want to cry. Also note, womble is an excellent mpeg cutter too, you can cut stuff out if you wish before you write a new fiule, but this guide wont get into that. It can cut mpegs that have mpeg audio and ac3, PCM support last time I checked was not available, but maybe is now who knows. Enjoy and reply if this helped you I'd like to know if people got helped by this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So in effect you suggest using this tool as an error fixer just as one would use virtual dub in direct copy mode to get rid of avi errors.

It sounds like you've made a nice discovery here.
    I'll give it a try immediately.

/edit/
    Yeap, pure magic!
    Heck it fixed the desynchronization in my original files.
    Better yet, it has the option to change the sample rate and bitrate of the audio plus it supports batch mode. You know what that means bye bye de/re-muxing...
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanx for sharing this method m8 thanx to this way i have no lipsync problems. and it only takes a couple of mins.

regards phil

just tried this method with 5 kvcds works flawlessly perfect av/sync
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have made this thread sticky. Good discovery duhmez. Well done!
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is true. Womble is an *excellent* tool for mucking about with MPEG-2 files. It isn't the most user-friendly application ever written but it is very powerful and I have always found that if you have dramas doing something with almost any other tool, then you can usually do it properly with Womble as a last resort.

I keep Womble on the system as THE tool to use for all those slightly dodgy and difficult files that refuse to be handled by my more normal methods. It never fails to deal with the difficult ones.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Simply had to add my appreciation for this solution to this thread.

I have tried SO many different methods to rectify the problems I had with a bunch of VCDs. The previous definitive method in this forum sadly did not work. I've lost a lot of time to it and had completely given up.

This method has been SO easy and it really really works! Well, for all except one file anyway - but that means a 99% success rate so I'm over the moon.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anyone use this procedure AFTER using SVCD2DVD to create VTS? I did and when trying to burn I get DVD compiliation error in Nero and when ignored the burn wont play on my player. Just tried on a SVCD movie that had some lip sync problems.
    Quote Quote  
  8. After you create your vts, its too late anyways, this must be done to the PS that has the issue.............
    Quote Quote  
  9. Im still getting out of sync issues when using this method. The out of sync occurs after converting the mpg's with SVCD2DVD to create VTS. SVC2DVD was working fine until the last week. All of my conversions are out of sync when using SVCD2DVD. Any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  10. No, too bad so sad. once you run the files through svcd2dvd, its too late. if you dont have your source files youa re out of luck. you must use this procedure first BEFORE svcd2dvd. (if you read this forums sticky's it tells you to check for sync before you decide to proceed)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Duhmez, hello there, LONG time no see!

When you are able?

I need you to write me back @ this email address please:

apk4776239@hotmail.com

(It's very important...)

* Thanks!

APK

P.S.=> I wrote you 2 days ago after tracking you down here (your old duhmez@hotmail.com is dead, & bounced email back at me 3x) so I wrote you here:

duhmez@yahoo.com

Since you list that as your email in these forums!

I have not received a reply from you back yet... so, please, if you can, write me! Again, thanks... apk
    Visiting duhmez
    Quote Quote  
  12. That doesn't work. Out-of-synch videos are still coming up saying they contain no GOP errors, and they still play out-of-synch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JimBarbasol
    That doesn't work. Out-of-synch videos are still coming up saying they contain no GOP errors, and they still play out-of-synch.
    There should be no sync issues in version 2.0... have you some mpegs which have?
    Quote Quote  
  14. My MPEG files play fine. It's after I make a DVD from them that they're out-of-synch. I do, however, have one video file I captured from videotape that when I scan it with MPEG-VCR, it says there are GOP errors. I then fix the errors, and the resulting new file is burned to DVD and still has synch issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this with version 2?
    Quote Quote  
  16. No. It's with version 3.14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I meant SVCD2DVD version 2
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have a movie that is out of sync and i tried this method and it made it ALOT worst. I am using Ulead DVD Authering tools, to change my mpg into DVD files.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Can someone give me an idiots guide on how to cut the first 2 secs of film from my 2nd cd as it overlays.

Many Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Kallid
    I have a movie that is out of sync and i tried this method and it made it ALOT worst. I am using Ulead DVD Authering tools, to change my mpg into DVD files.
    This method is NOT for files that already have out of sync audio. This method is for files that play ok, but when run through svcd2dvd 1.x, it is only THEN out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is remux and demux
    Quote Quote  
  22. Can anyone post a link to the Womble 3.14 program please? I can't seem to find that version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi,

I just tried MPEG2VCR for a MPEG1 file whose audio went out of sync when I used SVCD2DVD on it. Its size is about 600MB.

I just loaded the file, and then clicked the save button. But the save/encoding process is terribly slow. It finished 60% in about 3 hours.

Anybody know why?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The sync problems I had were with encoding versions. Where I had changed AC3 to MP2 codec, I do this because I am lazy not to install a AC3 Dec codec which works with TMPENC, the remux is usually the problem. SVCD2DVD doesn't port demux'd files into the project?, so prehaps I meantioned this because I used the method of changing the audio were I should have maintained the same audio. MP3 to MP2 usually works. Some software warns you of AC3 VBR being hard to safely convert across to MP2.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I tested the mpeg2 a few minutes into the saving process.. and I found the video stuttering all over the palace.. and the duration of the mpeg after I loaded into the mpeg2 vcr is shorter than what I encoded..

btw my encoded file was a kdvd.. has anyone tried this process with those files?

the 1st epiosde was in sync but hte remaining ones where delayed or too fast..
    Can someone help me here?

or will I have to re-encode each avi file seperately?

I kept the audio as ac3.

tahnks
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just letting everyone know, as of December 2009, this solution still works. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Does this even support MKV?, I would like to try this but sounds like a useless proceed to buy, any tips.

Have some mkv with the problem..and doubtfully from trying several other software...ainīt to sure if any software can do this kind of miracle to MKV.

Edit:
    Originally Posted by duhmez View Post
    Originally Posted by Kallid
    I have a movie that is out of sync and i tried this method and it made it ALOT worst. I am using Ulead DVD Authering tools, to change my mpg into DVD files.
    This method is NOT for files that already have out of sync audio. This method is for files that play ok, but when run through svcd2dvd 1.x, it is only THEN out of sync.
    Too damn bad...
    Quote Quote