VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have about 200 files to convert from VOB to mp4. I was thinking to use MeGUI for this. Everything is almost the same, the coding settings, codecs, bit rate, video size etc. I have already prepared AVS files for all videos, as well. They are just ready to be loaded and run.

I have realised that it would take some time to create jobs and queue all files. Do you know any program that could accept a number of files in the same folder?

As I am a programmer, I am wondering if I could actually do it in MeGUI using a trick. MeGUI stores all jobs in a xml file. As all files are almost the same, each entry in xml would also be the same, apart from Input, Output, Job name, RequireJobName, etc. It's not difficult to manipulate xml files.

There is a problem to make this trick works. There are two entries I can't figure out how to extract: <NbOfBFrames>3</NbOfBFrames> and <NbOfFrames>35080</NbOfFrames>. Definitely NbOfFrames is different in each file. Do you know how to get this number?

Thanks

PS> I would like to convert files into MP4 container using h.264 video, ac3 audio and adding subtitles which are in idx/sub format.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    MeGUI may be a bit complex, to create XML jobs outside of it. Many entries will depend on the choice and mode of the encoder. But the overall "number of frames" will probably have been gathered by opening the AviSynth script and requesting the number of video frames to be served. Retrieving the same number from a d2v file would possibly mean to sum up the counts of numbers in all but the first few lines; the d2v syntax should be documented verbosely.

Instead of MeGUI, there are probably other converters made with the purpose to support batch encoding (even multithreaded, running one ffmpeg instance per thread), like TEncoder. But I can't guarantee their support of AviSynth scripts as input.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

Probably I should not hack xml files for MeGUI. I tried to run TEncoder but it does not seem to accept AVS files. I need to load them because I prepared videos to be pre-processed before encoding. It's nothing huge, just files are 4:3 and need to be resized, copped and then I have to add black borders so video files are not stretched on TV. I though MeGUI would accept command line parameters but I am afraid it doesn't.

Maybe FFMpeg would do it but I don't know which parameters to use and still don't know if FFMpeg accepts AVS files.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ZikO View Post

I have already prepared AVS files for all videos, as well.
    I think megui's one click can batch process a folder if you already have prepared avs files . Not sure about subtitles idx/sub

alternatively, ffmpeg 32bit will accept 32bit avisynth input, ffmpeg 64bit will accept 64bit avisynth input
    Quote Quote  
  5. if you are a programmer, you can hack this batch script DVD to hardisk.zip that encodes title (loading any title movie VOB from it) to MP4.
    it is in windows batch script, basically you call it like: "MPEG to MP4.BAT" "VTS_01_1.VOB"
    to get encoded title 1 from DVD. If your VOBS are standalone file then there better not be "VTS_01_2.VOB" , "VTS_01_3.VOB" in the same directory because script assumes it is part of the title. If yes you'd need to disable that feature in the script as well, other things,
    - you disable that choose audio track feature at the beggining
    -you can change x264 command line, ffmpeg/piping to nero encoder command line to encode audio
    -you build avisynth script as you wish within that BATch script
    -replace pause and the end of script for goto :eof to make script not to stop there but just exit
    -at the beginning of the script you create a label for that process, for example :encode_process , and above it create a loop for all your VOB's to call it:

rem whathever loop here , pick up VOB as an argument and then > call :encode_process "%~1"
    echo all files done
    exit

this has one major advantage, you can use QTGMC if dealing with thru interlaced videos or other custom things because you design avisynth script yourself in that BAT. So first d2v and then avisynth script is created automatically, then streams are encoded and then muxed into MP4. All in one process.
    Quote Quote  
  6. MeGUI has this option and it would be almost perfect. I am not sure if it can work for me, though. There are a couple of things which I can't control while using this option. For instance, MeGUI creates all files as it goes. There is little control over custom parameters. e.g. there is no AddBorders() option to add. Also, One Click Encoding creates sib/idx files automatically. Because I am resizing videos, I need to change parameters inside idx (size and origin). Otherwise, subtitles look odd.

I tried FFmpeg with Avisynth files but I have got error:

disk1.1-6_VTS_01_1.avs: Unknown error occurred
    Is it because AviSynth is not installed? MeGUI uses its own libraries AFAIK.

Thanks.

EDIT:
    @_Al_
    Amazing work with your script and thanks for sharing it here but I haven't been doing anything in MS-DOS apart from basic scripting. I would not know how to change it to adapt to my situation. Your script is quite advanced!

My VODs are not standalone but come with IFO and BUP files! I have AVS script files ready to load and go with cropping, custom borders, custom resizing etc. and this is what I would like to use. I also I resize subtitles which I extracted separately using VobSub. If I don't do it, subtitles look odd on TV.

Thanks
    Last edited by ZikO; 10th Apr 2017 at 13:14.
    Quote Quote