VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I still like using Adobe Premiere 6.0 for simple editing. But it does not support import or export mp4. Are there any old plugins for this ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe old 32bit, DebugMode FrameServer still works for old Premiere. I see some 2.14 version on their website. Not sure 100%, if that is old enough version, maybe some older 32bit versions of DebugMode are still around to make it work.
    Try to install it and it might appear in Premiere export options.
    The way it works, you export some avi that way. But nothing will happen yet. The nature of frame serving is that things start to process only if that exporting avi is used by other application. Your avi will have on disk just a few kB only (if not included pre-rendered audio). Then open some encoding app and load that avi in it, encode. As soon you start to encode (to use that avi), frame server will wake up starting to export frames from Premiere into your encoding app.

Or you can actually just Preview your avi using MPC-HC player for example. But I would use that avi only one time, to prevent some bugs. Before encoding make sure you freshly start new frame server going ...
    Last edited by _Al_; 13th Sep 2022 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That was for export.

To import mp4, Because of hassles, rather to use something latest.
    You'd need to re-encode of some sort, even with eventually existing plugin.
    Or you can try to import frame_server.avi if you have a means to create it in some other app.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There used to be a Mainconcept MPEGProHD plugin for old versions of PP that enabled import/export of AVC/AAC . It's probably not available anywhere anymore. They will probably tell you to upgrade versions

Another option for import is avisynth avfs, but it's not a simple workflow compared to a plugin
    Quote Quote