VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The small segment from my video is in one of my comments below

I was thinking to use nnedi3 for upscaling and mClean for denosing, but I would love to know if there are other things I could do to make it look better

Also if nnedi3 and mClean isn't good for this specific footage. Please tell me

I also mainly use Staxrip
    Last edited by SomeoneNeutral; 4th Sep 2019 at 13:33. Reason: The video is down below in one of my comments.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's right here, same as many forums:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	upload.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	50017  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the original interlaced source?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes I changed the link for a interlaced and better quality version of the video
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SomeoneNeutral View Post
    Yes I changed the link for a interlaced and better quality version of the video
    I see your new files but I think you took an interlaced source and encoded it with x264 in progressive mode. x264 is saying interlace=0 in the metadata. So be sure to put in the command line -tff, which stands for top field first and will force x264 to encode it interlaced. Or just cut the original source (lossless ?) in Virtualdub and post it here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Okay, sorry I'm quite new to all of this. This one should work, Here is the file you should be watching. Which is correctly interlaced
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's not a lot that can be done with that footage but I simply used QTGMC as the deinterlacer and changed the hue. I didn't crop the left or right as I forget how much is supposed to be cropped with PAL footage.

Code:
    dss2("C:\....\This is the one you need to click.mp4", fps=25.000).AssumeFPS(25,1) #you don't have to use dss2
    qtgmc()
    tweak(hue=40.0, bright=-10)
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by KarMa; 5th Sep 2019 at 05:48. Reason: Forgot the word crop
    Quote Quote  
  8. Wow, that tweak really improved the colors in the footage. So thanks for that.

Is there anyway to get the picture maybe just a little sharper?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe adding something like.

limitedsharpenfaster(strength=200, edgemode = 2)

The attached video uses the same script as my last, just one uses the limitedsharpenfaster (Labeled Sharpened) while the other does not. It's pretty hard to do much sharpening without artifacts so this is my best attempt.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote