VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone tell me where I can download arm robbery or street shootings raw video from security cameras thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the manufacturer's website for software. Most have proprietary software and the video may be encrypted requiring the software for playback. Submit both the video and software to the appropriate authorities.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    ...."arm robbery....?"
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm typing this with my nose because someone stole my arms!!!!!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry I mean raw video for armed robbery any kind of armed robbery video like gas stations or 7/11 etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, I'm sorry. Was just being flippant. Lingyi gave you good advice to start from.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tim21090 View Post
    Sorry I mean raw video for armed robbery any kind of armed robbery video like gas stations or 7/11 etc.
    So you're not looking to retrieve a video from your own system? You're treading on some shaky ground looking for someone else's video of a crime in progress. You may find a few raw videos on this forum from posters asking for help, but one else is likely to provide you with them, especially from a private company as it may open them and you to a lawsuit whether the person(s) on the video were found guilty or not. Yes, even people committing a crime have the right to privacy.

Read this article on about Live PD that discusses what can and can't be shown to the public.

Link: http://mentalfloss.com/article/535912/how-can-live-pd-show-suspect-faces-without-consent
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes the operative terminology is 'armed'! but what a dodgy question to pose here in a legal sense.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you were lucky enough to get some raw footage, this may be of use in converting it due to format range.

http://www.cctvtools.net/en/index.htm
    Last edited by azmoth; 29th Aug 2019 at 06:17. Reason: Post link.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I’m doing AI camera programming for gun detection not detect people, more video clips are more accurate to detect gun later.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Search on Youtube. It won't be as high quality as an untouched sample, but surveillance video generally isn't high quality anyway and anything held in the hand will just be a silver or black blob.
    Quote Quote