VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

So I've ripped a blu ray and used TS Muxer to extract the video and audio. I now want to create my own menu using my menu program of choice which is Blu-Disc studio, in my opinion the best free program out there. The problem is this uses TS Muxer and whenever I remux this through TS Muxer I get constant block video - see below:

[Attachment 48952 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 48953 - Click to enlarge]

To confirm the ripped blu ray plays fine without the blocky artifacts. If I use MKVToo Nix to and convert the video and audio files to MKV the video plays fine without the blocky artifacts. If I use MultiAVCHD to build the disc from the video and audio files it plays fine without the blocky artifacts. But any time I touch TS Muxer I get the issue and Blu Disc Studio uses TS Muxer. Anyone got any ideas? I've already built my menus in blu disc studio and it allows me to do things other programs don't so I really need to use it.

I've also tried TS Muxer with the "continually insert SPS/PPS" unticked and I'm running version 2.6.12. Initially I was thinking corrupted video but other programs don't have the issue. I've also picked a completely different audio track to mux with in case it was an audio error but the video is still blocky.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Try to remove "insertSEI" or everything from Project properties -> Streams -> Additional tsMuxer parameters https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/377767-suggestions-for-blu-ray-authoring-program?h...EI#post2440196
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks CDK. I tried this initially and still got the same result, however then I remember when I originally demuxed the blu ray rip it probably had these options ticked as well. So I deleted everything and started again, but I also used an older version of TS Muxer as I read somewhere that people had reported issues with version 2. I'm happy to say it works fine now, I'm not sure which thing I changed made the difference but hopefully this will help anyone else encountering the same problem.

Just going forward would you recommend unticking everything in TS Muxer for every single project? Or just those that having them ticked causes an issue for?

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Frankly, I do not know. I do not use tsMuxer. I would recommend to run tsMuxer and check it default parameters. If insertSEI and contSPS are disabled by default - remove them for all projects from BDS (use the "Save as Default" button).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok thanks CDK, I'll have a look at the default options. Cheers
    Quote Quote