VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is there software for ubuntu 14.10 that allows keyframing for audio effects ??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're running Ubuntu 14.10? Is that a type? Because Ubuntu 14.10 went end of life almost 3 years ago. The reason I ask if that's a typo because you may have noticed that you wouldn't be able to do system updates on a release that's EOL.

A simple search of "ubuntu keyframing for audio effects" says kdenlive or openshot will do this, but kdenlive is very buggy and difficult for me to recommend. But if you're really running 14.10 you wouldn't be able to install the repo version (of anything) and should reinstall a currently supported Linux distro.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 14.10 doesn't allow me to update anymore to another version and if i make a boot usb i will loose all my data as i don't have backup devise for all my media.

but i also got openshot and kdenlive when i googled. shotcut apparently now has keyframing but i doubt it will run on my laptop. ok will try those 2 but i dont know if they have reverb delay etc filters.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're not just having a problem with updating. Since backwards compatibility is almost non existent in Linux, you can't expect the newer versions meant for supported releases to work. ppas won't generally work either, they drop releases for EOL Linux distros pretty quickly.

The best thing is probably an appimage, here's ones for shotcut and openshot:

https://shotcut.org/download/

https://www.openshot.org/download/#

No guarantees there either but it's the best you're going to get IMO.

Your biggest issue, however, is probably that you're not getting any security updates. Your system is HIGHLY insecuret. Just because you're not going to get viruses doesn't mean in the least that you can;t get hacked and frankly you're just begging for it. Get a backup drive and the next time you reinstall, set it up with a separate /home partition to ease future upgrades.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks man

i want to try and mix a few songs on something like mixxx but i want something like mixxx that is keyframeable for especially the effects like reverb and flange so that i can set them exactly the way like them . ive installed kdenlive but virtually all of the audio filters are NOT keyframeable. struggling to install openshot and shotcut although a brilliant program doesnt really have the affect adjustment possabilities and i still dont know how many of those audio filters are keyframeble.

thanks for the replies
    Quote Quote  
  6. copy the following folders to a storage device:
    /home
    /opt
    /etc

Then install 18.04 (I prefer Kubuntu but it's your choice), select 'overwrite' during installation. I recommend installing updates and third party drivers when asked.
    Finally, when everything is installed, copy those three folders back again and you will be pretty much back in action but with the latest OS version.

You can install 18.04 along side 14.10 if you have enough disk space, then copy the files between them but reclaiming the partition afterwards can be tricky.

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by betwixt View Post
    copy the following folders to a storage device:
    /home
    /opt
    /etc

Then install 18.04 (I prefer Kubuntu but it's your choice), select 'overwrite' during installation. I recommend installing updates and third party drivers when asked.
    Finally, when everything is installed, copy those three folders back again and you will be pretty much back in action but with the latest OS version.

You can install 18.04 along side 14.10 if you have enough disk space, then copy the files between them but reclaiming the partition afterwards can be tricky.

Brian.

by accident last night i was able to install linux 18.04 lts 32 bit? in the update maner i set the notification for newer versions to all and not just lts versions . i didnt previously . and then after there wa an 32.bit version for 18.04 lts installed it and it works. but what programs supports keyframing on all effect like reverb? i will try openshot and shotcut but i doublt it will.
    Quote Quote  
  8. now that the software center is working i can install from there

phew
    Quote Quote