VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Thread
  1. wannabe
    Search Comp PM
    One more round of applause for this 3 1/2 year old post by guns1inger...

Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Open the video in MPC, then click on Play -> Audio -> Option. Tick the box next to Audio time shift(ms), and enter a number. Click OK, and play the video. Keep changing this number until the audio lines up. Once you are happy that you have found the delay in milliseconds, open the video in virtualdubmod and click on Streams -> Stream List. Right-click and select Interleaving. In the bottom section of the dialogue, marked Audio Skew Correction, enter the number you found in MPC. Click OK, OK. Click on File -> Save As, and using Direct Stream Copy, save a new, hopefully corrected, avi file.
    I know that there are an endless number of issues that can be had with video files, and some can be extremely difficult to work out. Many times I've threatened my PC with a trade-in on a steam powered abacus, but I eventually figure out that the real issue is PEBKAC.

An Xvid that was out of synch by about a minute led me to this site, as I thought I would give it one more try. I found guns1inger's post after about four minutes of searching these Forums, downloaded the recommended software, and had a properly synched avi in less than fifteen minutes total. It took all of three changes to the timing (+800ms being golden) to put the file spot on. Outrageous! Another half hour of scanning the site made me want to dive in deeper. Thanks for a great site and for the time and effort put in by all. I hope to become knowledgeable to pay it forward.

You kids rock! :
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Open the video in MPC, then click on Play -> Audio -> Option. Tick the box next to Audio time shift(ms), and enter a number. Click OK, and play the video. Keep changing this number until the audio lines up. Once you are happy that you have found the delay in milliseconds, open the video in virtualdubmod and click on Streams -> Stream List. Right-click and select Interleaving. In the bottom section of the dialogue, marked Audio Skew Correction, enter the number you found in MPC. Click OK, OK. Click on File -> Save As, and using Direct Stream Copy, save a new, hopefully corrected, avi file.

hi i saw that you managed to help on this question and wondered if you could help me,, i burnt a dvd for my son using convertxtodvd and the sound cut off half way through? do you know any reason why it might have done this?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I currently use a program called "Next DVD ripper" to convert DVD's to avi files. Often times it converts the dvd to avi with no problems, but I have noticed with some movies that there are some a/v sync issues. I've tried using VirtualDubMod to fix this, but I haven't had any luck. Are there any other fixes that I could try? I am also interested to know if there are any better ways(programs used) to convert my dvd's to avi that maybe some of you more advanced users might use. I am not opposed to using a couple of programs, one that gets through the dvd encryption and then one that encodes to avi, if this will give me better results. Thanks again for all the help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVD-AVI View Post
    I currently use a program called "Next DVD ripper" to convert DVD's to avi files. Often times it converts the dvd to avi with no problems, but I have noticed with some movies that there are some a/v sync issues. I've tried using VirtualDubMod to fix this, but I haven't had any luck. Are there any other fixes that I could try? I am also interested to know if there are any better ways(programs used) to convert my dvd's to avi that maybe some of you more advanced users might use. I am not opposed to using a couple of programs, one that gets through the dvd encryption and then one that encodes to avi, if this will give me better results. Thanks again for all the help!
    Use a better quality tool. Rip with a quality ripper that is kept up to date - DVDFab Decrypter (free) or AnyDVD (not free) then convert to AVI using AutoGK or AVI.net, or MP4/MKV with Handbrake
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kellz View Post
    hi i saw that you managed to help on this question and wondered if you could help me,, i burnt a dvd for my son using convertxtodvd and the sound cut off half way through? do you know any reason why it might have done this?
    Most likely either because you joined two parts and the second part was corrupt, or the source file has a glitch part way through. You could try loading the file into AVI Demux, letting it fix any index issue, unpack it if necessary, then save a new version for converting. Or try using a different converter - I like AVStoDVD.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The message was in error. Could not remove it completely.
    Last edited by Masutin; 7th Oct 2010 at 04:43. Reason: error
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    In VirtualDubMod, I add a VBR audio with Direct Stream Copy and by the end of the runtime, the audio in the resulting file has gained a noticable skew. I didn't choose to rewrite the header. Can I do anything, e.g. in Audio/Video Interleave options to fix it, without converting to CBR?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I'm having some audio sync issues with a video I recorded on my Samsung Galaxy S (Android Phone). It's out of sync on the phone, I didn't do any conversion or work on it. I'm not sure what caused it as I've never had this problem before, but my question here isn't how to avoid it on my phone but rather how to fix the recordings I do have. It appears the audio stream is shorter than the video stream. Is there a way I can fix this? or is it a lost cause?

Media Info on the file:

Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : 3GPP Media Release 4
    Codec ID : 3gp4
    File size : 903 MiB
    Duration : 10mn 21s
    Overall bit rate : 12.2 Mbps

Video
    ID : 2
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Baseline@L3.1
    Format settings, CABAC : No
    Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
    Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=30
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@1.1
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 10mn 21s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Minimum frame rate : 9.615 fps
    Maximum frame rate : 38.462 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.434
    Stream size : 889 MiB (98%)
    Language : English
    Material_Duration : 621966
    Material_StreamSize : 931881037
    Material_FrameCount : 18632

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 10mn 6s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 209 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Channel positions : Front: C
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 14.1 MiB (2%)
    Language : English
    Material_Duration : 606446
    Material_StreamSize : 14810229
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Kewjoe, your query relates to a container other than the one discussed in this thread - AVI, which is usually for video encoded with XviD or DviX. Your container is 3GP and the codec AVC aka H264. But a constant delay can be easily fixed. In your data the audio is shorter than the video.
    Determining the delay in MPC: Play the file and use the "-" key (if audio is late) or the "+" key (if audio is early) on the numeric pad. On a laptop, use the Fn key and the corresponding extension key for "-" and "+". The value will show in the status bar of the player.
    Changing the delay in mkvmerge: Add the file, select the audio track, go to the second tab and enter the value in the field for the delay. The output can only be an MKV file.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    How Long should this take? I used VLC to determine a value of 500 Audio Skew Correction. Original file size is 697mb. VirtualDubMod status window shows a projected file size of 691.55mb and has been working for 2hrs08mins. The destination folder has my output file showing as 712mb already but is unplayable. The bit rate of the original file is 123kbps. For others who have had success with this approach the process seems to have been fairly quick from what I've read. Any Ideas what I might be Doing wrong or if I have to change a step?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by sickman131 View Post
    Any Ideas what I might be Doing wrong or if I have to change a step?
    Did you set the video for Direct Stream Copy? It says it in guns1inger's instructions, but are you sure you didn't choose a codec and do it that way?

Anyway, if you can't get it to work using VDubMod, try VDub. It shouldn't take more than ... what? ... 15 seconds or so?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by sickman131 View Post
    Any Ideas what I might be Doing wrong or if I have to change a step?
    Did you set the video for Direct Stream Copy? It says it in guns1inger's instructions, but are you sure you didn't choose a codec and do it that way?

Anyway, if you can't get it to work using VDubMod, try VDub. It shouldn't take more than ... what? ... 15 seconds or so?
    Thanks for the quick response! Pretty sure I selected Direct Stream Copy, don't think I selected a codec. I've run the file through xmediarecode and now have a file of 1.07gb at 128kbps. I'm going to try again and see what happens with this one. If it doesn't work I have one more option with virtualdubmod plus your solution with virtualdub. Thanks again.

OK, so that didn't work. When the Green progress bar reaches the end the job clock just keeps progressing. I have a file of 1.09gb but it is not viewable. The main program window has a header saying(dub in progress).

When I "save file" and select "direct stream copy" should all the check boxes be checked, unchecked or some combination thereof?

Turns out I had two copies of VirtualDubMod, one doesn't work properly. Been so long Since i Used the program I forgot about this issue. Sorry for wasting our time, lol!
    Last edited by sickman131; 15th Jun 2014 at 23:13. Reason: To provide more info
    Quote Quote  
  13. I read a number of the pages which talked about MPC early on. It mentioned setting a numeric value during playback to help a sync problem.

I saw no mention of another technique from a popular player:

VLC can change audio delay plus or minus in 50 ms increments from the keyboard.

-- > Use the "k" key to advance

-- > Use the "j" key to subtract time.

This is best done at a Pause in the playback. It's fast and efficient and can indicate what needs to be done for a permanent fix.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I have used it on several movies on my system and have no playback problems at all. I have then independently verified the results on standalone players and it works. I suspect your problems lie elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    adamstillwell - that's also thing I want to know
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am going to throw my problem out before I have tried some of these solutions. I just want to get an idea if I'm on the right track of trying to open my AVI in Mediaplayer or VLC.

I transferred a feature film from VHS to my PC using a Diamond VC500 capture device and the ArcSoft program that came with it. The audio gets out of sync somewhere, I haven't pin pointed it because I just checked it this morning but it seems to be pretty early on. It's delayed and coming after the actors lips star moving and it's a pretty long delay.

I'm wondering how it gets off during the capturing process?

EDIT:

I really am a newbie. I didn't think to shut down TSR programs like my anti virus software and what not. I will tweak when I get home today and try again!
    Last edited by Coffindan; 15th Apr 2016 at 10:52. Reason: Just being a newb.
    Quote Quote  
  17. i am a new member here, thanks for your sharing and other replies, helpful
    Quote Quote  
  18. Software called Plural Eyes will sync all your Audio and Video up, you can then export the settings as an XML file and then import them into your editing software such as Premier or Final Cut, good luck [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
  19. Why is it that exporting WMV (supposed successor of AVI) fixes vid/aud sync issues (rendering or exporting) in most cases when rendering, isn't that a form of AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  20. 3rd Oct 2018 04:28

Originally Posted by blanca12 View Post
    Is there a way to fix a file who's audio goes out of sync about 47 minutes into it? I'd like to fix the audio and then burn the file to a DVD
    22nd Dec 2006 11:49

Originally Posted by vcdfreak3240 View Post
    Is there a way to fix a file who's audio goes out of sync about 47 minutes into it? I'd like to fix the audio and then burn the file to a DVD
    Spooky... Have I entered 'The Twilight Zone'?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ArtOfLosingMFZB View Post
    alright, I'm having troubles as well.
    8 Ball Pool Google Hangouts Omegle
    I'm trying to convert some TV eps (XviD) to DVD using CCE (using this guide). With that guide, I am using the alternative VBR method because the regular VBR Mp3 method skewed the audio a bit). Some eps are perfectly synched while others are a little bit off the whole way through. The ones that are a little bit off aren't too bad though and they are still watchable.
    Then I encountered one that is horribly off sync and unwatchable. Tried to figure out it's problem (plays perfect in WMP and MPC. Ran through DivFix and there were no problems found) but everything looked fine. AND when I encoded this particular ep a little while ago when I used ConvertXtoDVD, the audio was synched up fine on the DVD (since stopped using ConvertX because I'm big on quality).
    Also encountered an ep that, when CCE tried to encode it, the entire program just blinked off the screen and disappeared! Checked for errors and found nothing...although that's probably for another topic.
    Weird thing is, almost all of these eps play perfectly in WMP/MPC... is it just CCE?

**UPDATE. Just ran the troubled audio file through AVIMuxGUI and it said this about the audio: bad: 27648 , delay: 576 ms
    could that have anything to do with it?
    I download a TV arrangement and attempt to put the 4 scenes onto a dvd. I utilize Winavi to change over the scenes to dvd arrange, all Ok, sound is fine when I check them. I at that point utilize either nero or TMPGEnc to encode the dvd's. it at this phase things turn out badly, having copied two or three dvd's before checking the dvd's, I found that the sound had left match up on the majority of every scene, by about a second or thereabouts, and completely through. When I have checked the yield on nero before consuming the plates, the sound was out at this stage.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Please delete this reply.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Heyo, would this still be the correct thread to ask for general AVI sync issues?

I'm currently trying to digitalise my NTSC-J VHS tapes and I've tried out various Nero Video versions as well as VirtualDub.
    However, whenever I try to digitalise them as AVI files, the audio seems to start a little earlier than it should.
    I have already tried the various Timing settings, but they only worsen the problem, if anything.

What I have noticed is that this problem doesn't occur when I use Nero's MPEG format.
    I don't think VD is capable of using other formats than AVI, is it?
    I've also tried various compressions, none of them seem to work. :/

I should probably mention that I'm a super-newbie in this field, my VCR is not the best and neither is the capture card.
    This is my current setup (the PC is a spare lol):

Windows 10 64x
    AMD Phenom II x4 975
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Hitachi DA4-Head M70EM
    EzCAP 116
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by seelentau View Post
    ...whenever I try to digitalise them as AVI files, the audio seems to start a little earlier than it should.
    And it stays early by the same amount all the way through? If so it's an easy fix. Find out the amount of the delay and fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by seelentau View Post
    ...whenever I try to digitalise them as AVI files, the audio seems to start a little earlier than it should.
    And it stays early by the same amount all the way through? If so it's an easy fix. Find out the amount of the delay and fix it.
    I think so, yes.
    I tried fixing it via the audio latency determination, by adding the standard 30 audio blocks at the start.
    But that didn't have any effect at all. :/
    Besides, how am I supposed to know the exact difference in audio and video? Is there a way to find out?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I think so, yes.
    I tried fixing it via the audio latency determination, by adding the standard 30 audio blocks at the start.
    But that didn't have any effect at all. :/
    Besides, how am I supposed to know the exact difference in audio and video? Is there a way to find out?
    Play the file in mpc-hc and use the + and - on the keyboard to shift the audio in realtime.
    Make note of the adjustment and use MKVToolnix with the delay to create a new file
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hmm, okay, thank you. I will try that, but... is there nothing in VD that can automatically do this?
    I mean, I suppose that's what those sync settings are there for, but they don't seem to work with AVI files?
    But VD only does AVI, right? So shouldn't that be fixed? @.@
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, okay, thank you. I will try that, but... is there nothing in VD that can automatically do this?
    I mean, I suppose that's what those sync settings are there for, but they don't seem to work with AVI files?
    But VD only does AVI, right? So shouldn't that be fixed? @.@
    Switch to vdub2, it handles many more file types now
    Quote Quote  
  29. I kinda feel stupid now, damn xD
    Because I actually am using VD2, but I thought there wouldn't be any changes to that aspect, since I don't know where to pick the file type^^'
    So basically whenever I mention VD, I mean VD2. Sorry for not being clear on that ><
    Please tell me, where can I change the file type? I can change the encoding to MPEG, I think, but the resulting file is either super-laggy, has no audio or won't play at all...
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I kinda feel stupid now, damn xD
    Because I actually am using VD2, but I thought there wouldn't be any changes to that aspect, since I don't know where to pick the file type^^'
    So basically whenever I mention VD, I mean VD2. Sorry for not being clear on that ><
    Please tell me, where can I change the file type? I can change the encoding to MPEG, I think, but the resulting file is either super-laggy, has no audio or won't play at all...
    File/save video/save as type drop down
    to set the container. The particular compression is handled in
    video/video compression

Do you mean mpeg-2? Mpeg-4? Vdub2 doesn't do mpeg-2
    Quote Quote