VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone,
    First off, let me state that my computer knowlage is very limited. The only info i am able to get is by spending endless hours reading material online (most of which i have no idea the meaning of).

I am trying to post video from my xbox 360 to my web site. My computer is a laptop that runns a 1.5 intel proseser with 1.5 gb ram running vista. I bought a blitzbox to capture video from my xbox whitch uses a usb to send the feed to my laptop and use it to broadcast my toureys online. Ive worked through some issues, first one was.......

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the applaction will ignore this error and attemt to continue. If you click Quit, the appalaction will close immediately.

Access to the registry key 'Global' is denied.

Whitch was fixed by doing this......................

ok, after some searching, it seems vista has this problem.....Access to the registry key 'Global' is denied.

in my research, ive found that turning on the access is what was the common fix, but as i checked my computer, mine was checked so i un checked it and that fixed the problem.

heres how......

in vista, click control panel
    then user accounts and family safty
    then user accounts
    then turn user account control on or off
    then uncheck the box labled user account control (UAC) to help pro.........
    then click ok.

I posted this incase someone could use the info

My next problem was...............

when going to broadcast it says bliztbox not detcted please attach device and try again.

the device is attached and can be used, using the intant video xpress.

At this point, doing some research, ive found that there are some codes that are not compatilbe with vista. So i decided to just use the windows media encoder program, by the way, works very nice if you have a computer that can handle it, mine peggs the processor at 100% when i start encoding. (ive tried sutting everything off, useing defender to look for things running and system proformance window that shows proscess that are running) my computer runs memeroy at around 30% and processor at 4% to10% untill i try encoding.

After trying many different settings and combos, i deciced to look for software online that would capture the video from my computer screen, without giving me the blue screen off death.

which brings my to my problem..........

so many blue sceens lead me to reload my os from the factory disc, whitch wiped all info from my computer, in my own stupidity, i falled to write the name of a cool little program that worked awsome, it was simple, fast, and used hardly no cpu speed. I really would like to get this program again, if anyone knows the name, here is some of what i do remember.

the program i downloaded
    1. When installed, sat on the desktop in the upper left corner, you could bearly see it, just a thin yellow line, that when your mouse move over it, expaned to a useable window.

2. default color of the program window is yellow.

3. the desktop icon was a yellom pic of a camera (not a real camrea,but like a drawn one outlined in black). Two word name was under the pic was "capture _______" ????? (dont remember)

4.when you use the program, you would have the option to caputre an area, you would use a red crosshair that would wrap around what you moved the crosshair to

5. i would then have to click on the tool bar, the pic of a video camrea.

im not sure, but i think i might have had to click the video pic button before i got the cross-hair, but im not sure, i only got to use it twice.

6. when the program was opened, it would offer you a tip of the day in a small pop up window.

7. it was a 30 dat free trial, i think the cost was 79 or 89, pretty sure it was under 100

Thats about all i can remember. The reason i want this program so bad is it would capture video with now frame rate issues (lag) used min. cpu speed, and even an idiot (me) could use it.

Sorry for all the misspellings.

Thank you,
    Scott (aka Rusty)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    o2rustyw02, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.

One of our members may be able to help you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about that, ill make sure to find a more dicriptive title next time.
    Quote Quote