VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I am having problems with recording on my new computer.

I am recording my xbox game play using "Hauppauge HD PVR" recorder with "Total media extreme".

When I start to record I am using the M2TS files, and can open them up using Media player classic.

When I click on the file icon (without it being renderd) of what I have recorded, on the top left of the icon theres the file type of "M2TS", however when i transferr the SAME file to my old computer the "M2TS" text get changed to "Video" and therefore can open it up in WMM. WMM doesnt support M2TS.

So, how can i get the "M2TS" file to change to "Video" just like my old computer, what codecs (or whatever) do I need to DL?

Also, when I try to open the M2TS files on adobe premierem CS5, theres on sound on the clip, however when I Play it back using Meida player classic there sound...any ideas why this is like is for?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HD PVR m2ts files use the highly compressed h.264 codec. Playback requires the correct codecs, a fast CPU and/or a HD display card. MPCHC has the correct codecs and auto configures for CPU and display card.

An older computer with an older display chipset will struggle to play these files even using MPCHC or VLC players.

Conversion to MPeg2 or wmv will probably be necessary. Resolution may need to be cut to 720p/29.97 or 480p/480i.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote