VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,
    I use the newest version Mkvmerge v20.0.0 ('I Am The Sun') 64-bit to merge a mkv file, and then play the result mkv file on my BD player (via usb bar) but can not play forward or play chapter.
    To resolve that matter, I add in the field "Default additional command-line options" (MKVToolNix GUI>Preferences>Merge>Default Values) the following line:
    “--clusters-in-meta-seek --disable-track-statistics-tags --engage no_cue_duration --engage no_cue_relative_position”

I merge that mkv file again, error flagged:
    --- Output of job 'Multiplexing to file "Test film (1).mkv" in directory "F:\USB\TAM1"' started on 2018-02-21 11:17:03 ---
    mkvmerge v20.0.0 ('I Am The Sun') 64-bit
    engage' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Everyone know why, please help me?
    (Note: I did successfully with mkvmerge older version 32bit, playing forward or choosing chapter fine with “Default additional command-line options” used as above)
    Quote Quote  
  2. You probably have some typo in your command. Like a missing quote or one too many in the wrong place. Or a space where it doesn't belong (between "--" and "engange"?) Or missing hyphens.
    Originally Posted by anhlinhp4 View Post
    To resolve that matter, I add in the field "Default additional command-line options" (MKVToolNix GUI>Preferences>Merge>Default Values) the following line:
    --clusters-in-meta-seek --disable-track-statistics-tags --engage no_cue_duration --engage no_cue_relative_position
    Without quotes, right?

I can't say more without seeing the complete command. But as you are using the GUI it is likely one of such fields with additional commands where you made an error.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your kindly reply, sneaker.
    Exact command line (without quotes):
    --clusters-in-meta-seek --disable-track-statistics-tags --engage no_cue_duration --engage no_cue_relative_position
    I try to delete spaces between "--" and "engage", nothing happens.
    I used that line for my windows 7 32bit before and everything was ok. Now I upgrade to windows 7 64bit, with the same command line, that error occurs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. After many attempts, finally I find that a missing in the command line: Before "--" of "--clusters-in-meta-seek..." should be a space, it should be:
    Now everything comes back fine, I can play forward and select chapter on a mkv file merged by Mkvmerge v20.0.0 ('I Am The Sun') 64-bit.
    Thanks to sneaker's clue above, I've solved my problem "engage' could not be opened for reading: open file error".
    Thank you once again, sneaker!
    Quote Quote