VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone please help me build a batch script or python script to Mux subtitles with video?
    Well, my need isn't as easy as it looks like in question. I'll try my best to explain.

I want to mux ".ass" sub file with an ".flv" video. They are in both same folder,named "export".
    I want to make .. um.. a dynamic script.There is just one video and one sub file in that folder.

Name could be anything for both of them, it's let's say.. could be anything.It won't be same always.

So, I need a script which takes ".flv" file present in the folder "export" and ".ass" file present in the same "export" folder and mux it and puts it in another folder named "final".

a batch (.bat) file or a python script would be amazing.

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. have you tried calling:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "path to input flv" -i "path to subtitle file" -map 0 -map 1 -c copy  "path to output file with a .mkv ending"
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. no no .. I don't want to remove the subs....

@selur .. that would work when I KNOW what is the name of the input subtitle... that thing is that the name is random...
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you know Python, than:
    1. get the file names
    2. adjust the calls and call the modified call
    -> just wanted to point out that the whole thing also iirc. assuming there always is only one video and subtitle file:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "path to input/*.flv" -i "path to subtitle file/*.ass" -map 0 -map 1 -c copy  "path to output file with a .mkv ending"
    should also workt.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote