VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I received a Blu-Ray of a fan release of a popular Hong Kong film. It's on a blank Blu-ray (probably dual-layered) but for the life of me I cannot get it to play on my stand-alone player (Oppo BDP-83, modified to all-region). The seller has sent me a replacement disc but still no joy. The disc plays OK on my PS3 (except for a hiccup towards the end of the film where it starts to freeze), but not on the Oppo. When I put the disc in the Oppo, I see "BDMV" on the screen and then it refuses to play. The only button that "works" is the top menu button. When I press it it calls up the top menu but there's no image on the screen. Very flaky!

I've updated to the latest Oppo firmware and still nothing.

I have the complete WinRAR archive files for everything on the disc (32 GB size). I don't have the know-how, time, or money/hardware to burn the files onto a disc, but I was wondering if someone here could burn the files to disc for me and send me the disc. I'll pay the cost for shipping and materials and labor. If someone could PM me about this I would be most grateful! I'm in a bit of a bind here and just want to be able to watch one of my favorite movies in HD!

Please and thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does the disc play on your computer ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't have a blu-ray drive on my PC
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like the seller didn't do a proper authoring of the video so you will have playback issues plus freezes from a poor quality disc,only thing you can do is either get a blu-ray burner and reauthorize the disc after ripping the files to your computer or get someone else to do it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep exactly. Since it would be ridiculous to buy a Blu-Ray burner for this one disc I’m basically counting on the kindness of strangers here. Can anyone help me out? PM me!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Blu-ray burners are really cheap to buy,$60,even if you buy it for one instance it's still good for other uses such as burning music cds,dvd backup and other blu-ray backup.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know they’re cheap, but it’s not a good deal if you don’t need it. I don’t need to back up my collection or make music CDs. Again, I’d gladly pay someone on here to transfer the files to disc. PM me.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Might be better to go to a computer shop that will do the service but it will cost more than a burner no matter what you do.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ministry88 View Post
    I have the complete WinRAR archive files for everything on the disc (32 GB size).
    First of all, unpack an archive and try to play it using VLC or PowerDVD. Does it play?
    If yes - you can use ImgBurn or Nero to create an ISO. As far as I know (some) OPPO players allow to play from an ISO or folder. Thus, you can try to copy the contents of the archive and the ISO to the external USB hard drive and attach it to the OPPO.
    Quote Quote