VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i found instructions in 3 places to install yt-dlp and they all led me to a URL here which i cannot recall. it was to a page here that had download links for 4 platforms the last of which was Linux. i downloaded the Linux link and got a binary file run as Python. but i need a Python module. i wrote Python scripts that loaded a module and worked with it that way.

i searched here and got pages i don't understand.

i'm doing this because i hurriedly installed Xubuntu 20.04. it's mostly working. there are a few foobars and this is one of them. i would like to know where to get the yt-dlp module and how/where to install it.

Xubuntu 20.04.4
    Python 3.8
    yt-dlp ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    i found instructions in 3 places to install yt-dlp and they all led me to a URL here which i cannot recall. it was to a page here that had download links for 4 platforms the last of which was Linux. i downloaded the Linux link and got a binary file run as Python. but i need a Python module. i wrote Python scripts that loaded a module and worked with it that way.

i searched here and got pages i don't understand.

i'm doing this because i hurriedly installed Xubuntu 20.04. it's mostly working. there are a few foobars and this is one of them. i would like to know where to get the yt-dlp module and how/where to install it.

Xubuntu 20.04.4
    Python 3.8
    yt-dlp ???
    try here - https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp
    it's under INSTALLATION
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you posted on ubuntuforums.org or askubuntu.com? Those are not only the best Ubuntu support sites they're probably the best Linux ones overall.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Code:
    pip install yt-dlp
    Quote Quote