VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I have never experimented with SVCD, XSVCD, or it's software. What good software is out there to try?

Also DVD to SVCD, XSVCD ripp tools?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why? The rest of us have just switched to blu-ray and 4k. .
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You're getting very sleeeepy!.......

.....[SNAP!] And now your back in 2014!

Yes, you must accept the fact that you were hypnotized into thinking you were living 15 years ago.

In all seriousness, it truly is no longer a viable option. But back when it seemed to be, VCDEasy would have been the go-to app. It, however, no longer works on the most modern platforms (you'd need WinXP or earlier, 32bit, ...).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you just want to 'experiment', try DVD2SVCD. I used it years ago and it worked OK.
    The Quenc encoder option is free for it. Most DVD conversions take two CDs.

But you won't find many set top DVD players that can play the format any more. VLC player or other software PC players should work, though.

XVCD is a waste of time, though. I don't recall any set top players that could play it.

As mentioned, Xvid, Divx and the newer H.264 (MKV) mostly replaced the SVCD format.
    It may still be used in some Asian countries where the price of DVDs was one reason for it's use.
    But many modern set top players can handle Xvid, Divx and H.264 these days.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, you must accept the fact that you were hypnotized into thinking you were living 15 years ago.
    LOL

Christmas is upon us once again, and i can only watch the entire dvd boxset of "i claudius" so many times, which is great i might add. I cannot bring myself to watch the crap on TV over the festive season, so i thought what could be better than watching crap on TV? I'd get totally hammered on good ale and enter the strange world of SVCD, XSVCD.

Thanks for replies
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!