VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know how to edit and upload videos to Youtube's current standard?
    Quote Quote  
  2. YouTube will always reencode the video, even if the content is presented in the formats they offer.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Read info from link, read thread discussion (link provided) - can't add anything more than this.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378863-youtube-upload-issue?p=2447758&viewfull=1#post2447758
    Quote Quote  
  4. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I use libx264 with crf=18 and preset=slow. This produces a very high quality AVC file at a reasonable size for uploading. If I had a really fat upload pipe, I'd send them a losslessly compressed file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube seems to still seems to refuse H.265.

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Can't believe Yotube (Google) calls those formats, when they just listed off a bunch of containers.
    Last edited by KarMa; 5th Jun 2016 at 12:35.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    I use libx264 with crf=18 and preset=slow. This produces a very high quality AVC file at a reasonable size for uploading. If I had a really fat upload pipe, I'd send them a losslessly compressed file.
    IMHO anything above medium is pure waste of time as YT will recompress uploaded video accordingly to own set of parameters.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    IMHO anything above medium is pure waste of time as YT will recompress uploaded video accordingly to own set of parameters.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. I use the slow preset to get a smaller file for faster upload. It has nothing to do with quality, which is controlled by the crf.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    upload to youtube in the original format. the fewer times it's re-encoded the better. if possible just clip ends, or trim and do a no re-encode render and upload the original quality video. afaik anything up to 128GB is now ok to upload.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess I'll take your word for it. I cannot fit some of my videos into the current formats.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. I use the slow preset to get a smaller file for faster upload. It has nothing to do with quality, which is controlled by the crf.
    Well preset will affect quality too (not as much as crf but anyway it will affect).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually have another question, I learned about how to record videos and youtube upload standards but how do I edit my own videos to meet those standards so that it doesn't turn out blurry? I mostly use Windows Movie Maker and Virtualdub to edit them but I want to know how can edit the videos to meet Youtube requirements? I also have converters so I can convert the videos but is that recommended?
    Quote Quote