VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. CuriousMind
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, Obviously new here and learning about VideoCleaner. I am very interested in using this to determine if images and video have been altered but I am not sure what I am looking at right now. Here is a supposed image of the loch ness monster both the original and after I have been applying some of the forensic tools to the best of my knowledge.

Am I looking at an image that has been doctored? the edge detection on the water surface seems to run all the way through the animal?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Attachment 57372 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 57375 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's a speckled trout.
    Quote Quote  
  3. CuriousMind
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    It's a speckled trout.

I can see that it should be some kind of fish but do they get big? this one in relation to the trees on the uncropped image would easily be nearly 2m in length. Not to mention it is missing the back fins.

Regardless I am trying to find out if what I am looking at is an edited image not what it is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Without seeing your actual source it's hard to say if it's been manipulated. If it's been manipulated well it would be even harder to say. Also not sure why you've chosen the tool you have, what you are hoping it will show. Not enough information.

You've seen this:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/697821/how-to-tell-if-an-image-has-been-manipulated-or-photoshopped/

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/06/top-three-loch-ness-monster-photo-outed-a...rude-hoax.html
    Last edited by smrpix; 14th Feb 2021 at 20:23.
    Quote Quote  
  5. CuriousMind
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Without seeing your actual source it's hard to say if it's been manipulated. If it's been manipulated well it would be even harder to say. Also not sure why you've chosen the tool you have, what you are hoping it will show. Not enough information.

You've seen this:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/697821/how-to-tell-if-an-image-has-been-manipulated-or-photoshopped/

Appreciate the link, I had not seen that one. This is all fairly new to me and this was one of the only tools I have been able to find so far as I don't know exactly what I am looking for. I also learn by doing so jumping in feet first is my only way to learn effectively. I have watched a few of the tutorials but nothing I have looked at here looks anything like that so I am asking the community for help.

Again, really appreciate the help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. CuriousMind
    Search Comp PM
    Ha! knew it! lol Thank you!
    Quote Quote