VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you listen to Sports Talk radio?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do you listen to sports talk shows?

The last two weeks or so I've started listening to the sports station on the way home from work. It's kind of fun. The hour I'm listening too (actually only half hour for my commute time) is pretty entertaining. They know their stuff and a wacky too.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    [ EDIT ]
    Quote Quote  
  3. No. I don't watch or follow sports and the thought of purposely listening to someone TALK about sports just doesn't hold any interest for me at all.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, I knew there was Rush and some other talkies. Seems like they were all the same. But, I didn't know there was such a thing as sports Talk Radio. I always thought that Sports Radio was something they did in the summer to broadcast Baseball games to people in their cars.
    So now I'm wondering, other than play by play, what do they talk about?

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't care much for talk radio of any sort. The host(s) tend to fill time by saying the same thing over and over again. How boring.

I'd rather listen to music on XM Radio* or Audio Books. The last Audio Book I listened to was Steve Martin's autobiography 'Born Standing Up'. It was fascinating! The man is a true genius!!!

XM Radio rules!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I listen to it but not all day. I like to get the analysis of the local teams and maybe some clue as to up coming trades or acquisitions. But as was mentioned earlier the personalities at times tend to beat a dead horse.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have, from time to time, tuned in to a sports talk station. I find it interesting for a while. Those guys always seem to be full of trivia to keep things lively, but I think that's a function of the host(s).

In the last 15 years or so, I've given up on music radio. I don't care much for modern (as in today's) rock music. Too much effort and not enough talent. What ever happened to guys who can really sing? And what's this aversion to an instrumental solo? I don't think many of the folks took the time to master their chosen instruments. Please note that most of the above analysis applies to the United States.

I do listen to the new stuff being put out by the older musicians. Many of those guys are extremely practiced and talented and it shows. I also listen to a good number of European performers. Many of those young folks are damn good.

"Classic Rock" stations have about a 100 song rotation that ALL of the seem to share. I've performed most of those songs and don't really want to hear them anymore.

For me, it's talk radio occasionally or CDs. I've got a couple of thousand, so I can make do on that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Heck no! I hate sports

I found an excellent article on the internet a couple or so years ago. It is a rather long multi-part article but I found it very illuminating.

It is called TURN OFF YOUR TV and is written by an L. Wolfe (a fake name I suspect). It talks about mass mind control using television and a big chunk of it deals with "spectator sports" like football and baseball etc. and how watching it and getting "addicted" to it "de-evolves" us (it's complicated but worth the read).

Here is the link to the first part: http://www.rense.com/general63/traid.htm

I originally printed this out and I have 13 parts and a 14th part that seems to be separate yet an extension of the original. When I printed it I did a copy and paste so my print-outs don't have the URL on it and now I can't seem to find anything via Google other than the first part which is a damn shame.

OK I take it back ... I was just doing some more Google searches and I found the whole shebang. Here is the link to the first part: http://www.etext.org/Politics/LaRouche/tv.01

To read the 2nd and 3rd and 4th parts etc. you have to manually change the URL to end in tv.02 then tv.03 then tv.04 etc. until the last part which is tv.13

I truly find sports to be mind numbingly boring ... I'd rather watch paint dry. I've always felt this way but wasn't able to explain why. This multi-part article (which I haven't read in two years or so now) seems to sum it up well but it also considers many other aspects of "mind control" TV type stuff.

Good reading for those that like to think

As for talk radio I am rather fond of COAST TO COAST AM

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    Here is another good article about mass mind control via TV
    http://www.rense.com/general69/mass.htm
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I find sports talk radio even more boring than political talk radio.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Believe it or not I farm for a living...Anyway one of the tractors I use is very old and only has an AM Radio in it, the only station I get clearly enough to hear is the local talk radio station that devotes about 60% of it's programming to sports, ESPN and the like. Now I'm not much of a sporto myself but I really get a kick out of listening to these pompous-assed commentators who probably couldn't run from their sound booth to the men's room without getting winded, talk about the athletes like they're community property or cattle or something.

It'd be pretty funny if Shaq or Barry Bonds paid them a visit mid-spiel!
    I actually prefer doctor Joy Brown, I know it's a pathetic choice between her or ESPN.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GMaq
    Hi,

Believe it or not I farm for a living...Anyway one of the tractors I use is very old and only has an AM Radio in it, the only station I get clearly enough to hear is the local talk radio station that devotes about 60% of it's programming to sports, ESPN and the like. Now I'm not much of a sporto myself but I really get a kick out of listening to these pompous-assed commentators who probably couldn't run from their sound booth to the men's room without getting winded, talk about the athletes like they're community property or cattle or something.

It'd be pretty funny if Shaq or Barry Bonds paid them a visit mid-spiel!
    I actually prefer doctor Joy Brown, I know it's a pathetic choice between her or ESPN.
    We need a fundraiser to get GMaq SIRIUS or XM. He could pay us in produce.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV

We need a fundraiser to get GMaq SIRIUS or XM. He could pay us in produce.
    Hey, now you're talking! Very "sporting" of you edDV!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NO!
    If I want to listen to idiots run their mouths endlessly about stupid crap, I'll start paying more attention to what's going on at work...
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by edDV
    I find sports talk radio even more boring than political talk radio.
    Damn, I was gunna say exactly the same thing!

Looks like NO and HELL NO are winning by a landslide.

Dadrab: I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that many "musicians" getting airtime today have simply not mastered their instruments. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    No. I don't watch or follow sports and the thought of purposely listening to someone TALK about sports just doesn't hold any interest for me at all.
    I agree entirely. Glad to know I'm not the unique freak people say I am.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can so much crap be talked about, by so few, to so many.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Absolutely
    I'm a clone in the jungle

War - the mighty Rome
    War - ESPN radio
    War - the Yankees going all the way
    War - that steroids and HGH don't kill MLB

I'm out
    Just shut up and listen dumbass
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93
    Dadrab: I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that many "musicians" getting airtime today have simply not mastered their instruments. :P
    The new Asia disc is getting released today in Europe. Talk about a team of musical wizards... After 25 years, the original Asia is back.

The U.S. won't get it yet, though - sadly. I guess I'll have to buy it on import because the US radio stations sure as Hell won't air it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No....not since Jeff Christie lost his job, changed his format then completely lost his mind.
    Quote Quote