VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I prefer using HcEnc with DVD Rebuilder, since it seems to beat out QuEnc a bit on both of their best settings. That being said, I'm sometimes having output files which are larger than single layer DVD size. I read here that there were options for adjusting bitrate or number of sectors in the Rebuilder.ini in the Program Files folder, but the options weren't there in my install. I found that I could go into the Working Path directory under D2VAVS and edit the bitrate for each segment via the REBUILDER.ECL file, inbetween the Prepare and Encode steps. But since each bitrate in that file was set as a percentage of the original, I couldn't do a simple find and replace.

Does anyone know a simpler way of handling this without sacrificing quality? Is there a way, for instance, of running the input files through HcEnc myself and then presenting them to DVD Rebuilder's 'Rebuild' step?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can skip DVD-Rebuilder entirely and do the encoding yourself using HCEnc and AviSynth scripts.

Then add your smaller sized DVDs to the original DVD using PGCEdit or VobBlanker. Or create new menus with something like DVDAuthorGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Bother. I was hoping to not have to make new menus. But if there's no other way...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't have DVD-Rebuilder installed anymore, so I can't check. But isn't there a setting or an option in the .ini which allows to set the size of the target? If so, just reduce it slightly in order to make everything fit on the disc.
    I think to remember that the option which you have to insert in the .ini under [Options]:
    TargetSectors=2236400

Simply reduce this default number of sectors.
    Last edited by Sharc; 18th Oct 2019 at 16:25.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by parbruek View Post
    Bother. I was hoping to not have to make new menus
    You don't have to. I only mentioned it as another alternative. You reencode whatever you want to reencode and then add the reencoded videos back to the original, keeping the menus and their functionality.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    I don't have DVD-Rebuilder installed anymore, so I can't check. But isn't there a setting or an option in the .ini which allows to set the size of the target? If so, just reduce it slightly in order to make everything fit on the disc.
    I think to remember that the option which you have to insert in the .ini under [Options]:
    TargetSectors=2236400

Simply reduce this default number of sectors.

I do not have "TargetSectors" as an option in my ini (C:\Program Files (x86)\DVD-RB\Rebuilder.ini). But I'll try adding the line and see if it has an effect.
    Quote Quote