VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an ATI AIW Pro 4 mB on a Athlon 950 MHz w/ 256K RAM and 20 GB HD. I am using VirtualDub to capture video. The problem I am having is that when I select the Microsoft WDM Video Capture driver, the capturing stops unintentionally after about a minute or less. This is without setting any stop conditions. It does this even if I set the stop conditions to longer times and larger files. If I select the ATI Multimedia driver, however, it does not stop unintentionally. I am able to use any of the ATI compression codecs. I would like to use the Microsoft WDM driver so that I can use the PicVideo MJPEG codec. What is causing this unintentional stop? It is hardly dropping frames, and is not using a high percentage of the cpu. It does this with any compression codec I select with the Microsoft WDM, e.g. raw AVI, MPEG4, PicVideo.
    Quote Quote  
  2. i honestly don't know why it's stopping like that, but i do think you can use picvideo with the ATI Multimedia Driver if you select a 'raw' format (not VCR1/VCR2). i know using VidCap32 when i had my AiW Pro PCI 8M, i could capture to Indeo and those codecs, so i'd look for a way to get picvideo working with the ATI driver. try picking "MPEG raw" as a format in the ATI selection box, then go to compression and change from default to PicVideo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unfortunately the ATI capture device does not have PicVideo as a compression codec (even under the raw MPEG format). It is only listed under the Microsoft WDM device. How would I get it in the ATI capture device?
    Quote Quote