VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My xbox series s has started to give me a starting issue in that when i turn it on there a light but no picture,to get a picture i have to hit the power button again and the picture come in,anyone else have a similar problem and found an easy fix for it?I recently did a reset before this problem started,I got the xbox on apr 11,2023.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try this - reset your display settings - If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    On the console, press and hold the Power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    Press and hold the Power button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start up in low resolution mode (the Xbox startup screen will appear slightly pixelated).
    Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, press and hold the Xbox button  and the Pair button  instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.
    In either case, this will start up your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480).
    To change this setting, press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide. Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options, and then select the resolution that you want from the options under Display. For more info, see:
    How to change the TV display settings on your Xbox
    If you’re required to complete these steps on every startup, change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 of the section below, "Your screen is blank, and you use an AVR in your setup."

see here for more info - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-scree...hile-connected
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Already did this all,will wait till tomorrow to see if it happens again.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote