VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a movie with 3D BrRip Quality on my Laptop, If I connect it to 3DTV through HDMI cable , can I see a 3D movie on the screen ?

Thank you in advance.

NB: The file extension is .MP4 and the size is 1.43GB
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by franco200 View Post
    Hi,

I have a movie with 3D BrRip Quality on my Laptop, If I connect it to 3DTV through HDMI cable , can I see a 3D movie on the screen ?

Thank you in advance.

Oh my.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    #1 - What is "3D BrRip Quality" supposed to mean? Is it a direct 1:1 rip or a rip+conversion (I can already guess the latter), and if so, what's the bitrate, codec, layout, etc.? Also depends on if what was ripped was a 3DBD to begin with or not.

#2 - "Can I see a 3D movie onscreen?" That depends on the WHOLE CHAIN. Since you didn't really even scratch the surface, how would we begin to advise? Player? Model #s?

#3 - MP4. That might be helpful with other info (but not by itself). Size has NOTHING to do with it. (That's what she said)

I think it would be so obvious as to be unnecessary: More info needed...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by franco200 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Is it a Side By Side (SBS) or Top and Bottom file? more info needed on all the equipment, model number and of course a MediaInfo report on the file.
    At the moment all you have supplied as info is basically "how long is a piece of string" !
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dears Scott & netmask56

Thank you very much for your replies.

1- The file is side by side.

2- The movie details is as follows

Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom
    File size : 1.43 GiB
    Duration : 1h 38mn
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 2 094 Kbps

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate : 1 997 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 8 555 Kbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 800 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.054
    Stream size : 1.37 GiB (95%)
    Writing library : x264 core 142 r2479 dd79a61
    Encoding settings cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=48 / lookahead_threads=4 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1997 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=31250 / vbv_bufsize=31250 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Color primaries : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
    Color range : Limited

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 93.8 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 102 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 65.8 MiB (4%)
    Language : English

3- The hardware :

Laptop HP probook 4540s
    Software : Cyperlink Power DVD14
    Tv: Samsung 40H6400

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    So, theoretically, your "3D" MP4 file - that is already in half-Side-by-Side 3D layout, being played via PowerDVD out the HDMI (1.4 compatible?) port and with the high-speed HDMI cable through to your Samsung UHD 3DTV - should play in 3D.

It may or may not auto-engage (proper) 3D mode on the TV. You can always "force" the issue. Try the TV in "Normal" 3D mode first, then if that doesn't work, try it in "L/R" mode (as specified in your manual).

*Note: To auto-engage, the TV must be seeing the proper 3D SEI messaging in the HDMI signal. For that 3D SEI messaging to be there, the player (in this case PowerDVD) needs to provide/generate it. It should do so if it considers the material to be 3D (or in 3D mode). The only content that is assured of being recognized as 3D and generating 3D SEI is 3DBD disc material. Hopefully, if PDVD is smart enough, other types, such as half SbS files like yours, should also be recognized as 3D.

The PDVD will of course need to re-pad the 1920x800 file back to 1920x1080 when sending out via HDMI - both to assure proper scaling on a 16:9 HD-type display and to ensure 3D playback as per the TV manual.

First, make sure PDVD recognizes the file as 3D. Set the 3D source to "auto detect", or "side by side" format if that doesn't seem to work (via "Change 3D format" menu item).
    Make sure to "Enable 3D" mode in the player's main control gui.
    Test this out first using the PC's own monitor by using the player's "Set Display" option to be (temporarily) in the Anaglyph Red/Cyan mode. Do you see both non-overlapping red & cyan segments? If so, it is showing 3D (you could confirm if you had Anaglyph glasses).

Switch to playing out via HDMI again (making sure to reset the "Set Display").

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post

Oh my.

Indeed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you very much Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!