VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently bought a Hauppauge HD PVR which works great, but as I have several different Bell Expressvu PVR's in different areas of my house, using the Hauppauge to create DVD's from my Bell receivers is a bit of a challenge. Disconnecting all of the cables and hauling the Bell receivers into another room and then connecting to my desktop is not really workable. So, I'm in the market for a laptop that I could use with the hauppauge to record from the Bell Receivers and then create Dvd's. Or at the very least, record them to the laptop and then copy them to my desktop where I could then do my video editing.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a laptop, but it must a least be able to record the material from my Bell Receivers. Do I need a quad core processor, or is duo enough? Would the laptop need dedicated video memory? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As it has a hardware h264 encoder you don't need any quad to record. But to view the h264 video you need at least a dual core 2ghz and a good video card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Get a laptop with a graphics chip that supports DXVA h.264 video decoding.
    Quote Quote