Standard                                 : Component
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Progressive
    Scan order                               : 2:3 Pulldown
    This is my IVTC script using TDecimate:
    Code:
    Q = QTGMC(Preset="Medium", FPSDivisor=2)
    TFM(D2V="%source_file%", slow=2, cthresh=4, mi=25, clip2=Q)
    TDecimate(mode=1)

And using Srestore:
    Code:
    Q = QTGMC(Preset="Medium", FPSDivisor=2)
    TFM(D2V="%source_file%", slow=2, cthresh=4, mi=25, clip2=Q)
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\GRunT\GRunT.dll")
    Import("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Srestore.avsi")
    Srestore(frate=23.976)
    When I used TDecimate, I got some sort of weird chroma ghosting on one frame. Srestore didn't cause that.

But there seems to be some sort of weird judder in a panning shot caused by Srestore. Here's the VOB:
    demuxed.m2v
    srestore.mkv

So what should I do? TDecimate causes "chroma bleed", and Srestore causes judder in some shots.
    Quote Quote  
  2. TDecimate() removes duplicate frames to achieve the specified frame rate.

SRestore() deletes frames with blending, then duplicate frames, to achieve the specified frame rate.

The clip you provided here is straight 3:2 pulldown: TFM().TDecimate().

If you are seeing blended frames elsewhere you may have the same issue as in your other threads.
    Last edited by jagabo; 17th Jan 2019 at 19:46.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    TDecimate() removes duplicate frames to achieve the specified frame rate.

SRestore() deletes frames with blending, then duplicate frames, to achieve the specified frame rate.

If you are seeing blended frames elsewhere you may have the same issue as in your other threads.
    So there's nothing I can really do to remove the chroma bleed? Is this a "normal" thing on NTSC pulldown DVDs?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

So there's nothing I can really do to remove the chroma bleed? Is this a "normal" thing on NTSC pulldown DVDs?
    Is there any Chroma bleed in that small clip you just posted?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

Is there any Chroma bleed in that small clip you just posted?
    Here you go. I used TFM().TDecimate(mode=1). Should I change the modes in TDecimate?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/523989191030210603/535632163920412672/VTS_06_1.demuxed.m2v

Last edited by Vitality; 17th Jan 2019 at 20:32.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The basic problem is the same as you Family Guy episodes. There are blended fields within the source. The general fix is the same: smart bob and SRestore. This is made more difficult by the dot crawl and rainbow artifacts in the video. That makes it harder for the tools to determine which frames are the same and which are different. So removing those early on will help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The basic problem is the same as you Family Guy episodes. There are blended fields within the source. The general fix is the same: smart bob and SRestore. This is made more difficult by the dot crawl and rainbow artifacts in the video. That makes it harder for the tools to determine which frames are the same and which are different. So removing those early on will help.
    So QTGMC().Srestore(frate=23.976)?
    Quote Quote  
  8. That alone may not work well because of the other issues I mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That alone may not work well because of the other issues I mentioned.
    The first few episodes (1-5) don't suffer from bob crawl/rainbows. What filter should I use to remove dot crawl/rainbows?

And on the 2nd episode, there seems to be some judder in a panning shot even though I bobbed it and then did SRestore. When I watched the two videos (TFM/TDecimate vs. QTGMC/Srestore), there was some repeated frames in the Srestore version. Is TDecimate removing more frames than it should be or something?
    Last edited by Vitality; 18th Jan 2019 at 16:44.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That alone may not work well because of the other issues I mentioned.
    Here's 2nd VOB sample. When I did QTGMC().Srestore() there was judder. TFM().TDecimate() causes chroma bleed with some sort of "combing" in frames 133 and 161.

VTS_06_1.demuxed.m2v

Quote Quote  
  11. That shot has a native frame rate of about 20 fps. That's one reason you're not getting smooth results at 23.976. I'll look at it some more tomorrow.

I haven't had time to look at removing dot crawl artifacts from the earlier clips. Partly because the dot crawl is not normal and will require some customized filtering.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That shot has a native frame rate of about 20 fps. That's one reason you're not getting smooth results at 23.976. I'll look at it some more tomorrow.

I haven't had time to look at removing dot crawl artifacts from the earlier clips. Partly because the dot crawl is not normal and will require some customized filtering.
    Ok
    Quote Quote