VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I introduce ati's mmc 8.1 to my system, I lose merge and cut function. (the slider bar stays greyed out). I know it's the mmc software as I've gone from a clean install and replicated the proplem. If I try to uninstall mmc, the damage done remains. I'm using ATI AIW 8500 128mb AGP. I've seen similar posts but no good fixes. mmc 8.1 works great otherwise as does Tmpgenc untill I load mmc. Tmpg tech support can't understand how this can happen (hey it really does!) but say they'll look in to it. ATI support zero. Running P4,800fsb, 1gig ram, 120hd, asus p4p800-vm MB. Everythings cool in environmental settings, priority etc. Anybody know something I don't?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this is not news --- moving to somewhere else
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try removing the "File Player" and DVD player modules from MMC. I think maybe it's the ATI decoder filters that's causing the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've removed ALL of mmc8.1 and problem remains. Sorry, didn't mean to post as new item.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably not ATI MMC, but another rampant codec.

TMPGENC MPEG TOOLS are not great anyway, they suffer from many things.

Womble MPEG-VCR is the preferred MPEG cutting tool.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote