VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally I got this with Media Player Classic (last 4 versions at least) but I discovered it is occuring in Windows Media Player 11 as well!

What happens is it will play through a few files just fine and then suddenly crash with the above error upon loading (or attempted loading) of the next file. What the next file is changes each time and I can play that file again with no problem. In fact it never crashes on the same file twice in a row. I don't have to use a playlist either. If I keep the software open and click on the files in succession (opening in the same instance of the player), the same thing happens.

I already reformatted my hard drive with Windows XPSP2 and all updates. Not likely a codec issue like I thought it was since I haven't installed any codec packs. Also not likely a Media Player Classic issue since it's happening in Windows Media Player 11 as well. I swapped out the memory, still no change. I watched Task Manager memory & CPU usage during the process and saw no change at the time of the crash or leading up to it. Any other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I FIXED IT! I FIXED IT! Someone on the Gabest forums suggested disabling some of the internal filters. I unchecked "AVI" under Internal Filters AND NOW IT DOESN'T CRASH ANYMORE!!! At least MPC doesn't.
    Quote Quote