VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Everyone,

I have got footage from client and it is 29.95 fps and he wants output in 25 fps as .MOV file.
    is it possible?
    or should I change 29.95 fps file to 25 fps file before start editing?

Please Help me !!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not near enough information. Is it film or video - progressive or interlaced? One is easy, the other less so. Please post a 10-second sample from the source, one with steady movement.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I can't upload video here but I am attaching a image so you will have an idea about video

Btw it is an event video.Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Info.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	36704

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Knowing how the footage is going to be used will also help.

For instance, is this material going to be intercut with other 25fps material? If it's an event video that simply needs to be played on a Blu Ray or DVD in a 25fps zone, you really don't need to convert at all.

What software is your client planning on using? Again, a conversion may be unnecessary and unwise.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If it's really progressive 29.97fps, there's no good way to convert it to 25fps. You can start dropping fields and interlace it, which is about the best way (I think). In AviSynth-speak:

SeparateFields()
    ChangeFPS(50)
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()

You could remove every other frame to bring it down to ~15fps and then interpolate additional frames to bring it up to 25fps, but that will create artifacts during certain types of movement. Just dropping every sixth frame will make it play much too 'jittery'. Just slowing it to 25fps will throw off the audio and make it play way too slowly.
    Last edited by manono; 21st Apr 2016 at 20:23.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot everyone !!

I edited video without converted and it's working well

Thanks once again !!!
    Quote Quote