VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As title says.. Already 2 DVD+R DL been destroyed by ImgBurn ... It used to be no error at all with my normal DVDs...
    Last time using UltraISO at using full speed burning and it ends up with 8x speed, so I've done it with Imgburn 8x speed this time, but still got error.

Error Log:
    Code:
    I 21:53:42 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!
    I 21:53:42 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
    I 21:53:42 Total Physical Memory: 4,158,520 KB  -  Available: 1,189,844 KB
    W 21:53:42 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.
    I 21:53:42 Initialising SPTI...
    I 21:53:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 21:53:42 -> Drive 1 - Info: DTSOFT BDROM 1.05 (L:) (Virtual)
    I 21:53:44 -> Drive 2 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB05 (K:) (ATA)     <- The real one
    I 21:53:44 -> Drive 3 - Info: KHAZKT O52N4TARO 1.04 (M:) (SCSI)
    I 21:53:44 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 2 BD-ROMs!
    I 21:54:31 Operation Started!
    I 21:54:31 Source File: I:\Zombie\Is This a Zombie SE01.iso
    I 21:54:31 Source File Sectors: 3,627,436 (MODE1/2048)
    I 21:54:31 Source File Size: 7,428,988,928 bytes
    I 21:54:31 Source File Volume Identifier: Is This A Zombie
    I 21:54:31 Source File Implementation Identifier: ULTRAISO v9.3.6.2750
    I 21:54:31 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, Joliet
    I 21:54:31 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB05 (K:) (ATA)
    I 21:54:31 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67)
    I 21:54:31 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x
    I 21:54:31 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824
    I 21:54:31 Write Mode: DVD
    I 21:54:31 Write Type: DAO
    I 21:54:31 Write Speed: 8x
    I 21:54:31 DVD+R DL Reserve Track: No
    I 21:54:31 Link Size: Auto
    I 21:54:31 Lock Volume: Yes
    I 21:54:31 Test Mode: No
    I 21:54:31 OPC: No
    I 21:54:31 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    I 21:54:32 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 11,080 KB/s (8x)
    I 21:54:32 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM
    I 21:54:32 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,813,728
    I 21:54:32 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: ECC Block Boundary
    I 21:55:38 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Succeeded!
    I 21:55:42 Filling Buffer... (80 MB)
    I 21:56:07 Writing LeadIn...
    I 21:56:10 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 3627435)
    I 21:56:10 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 3627435)
    I 21:56:10 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1813727)
    W 21:56:48 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 54048)
    W 21:57:10 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...
    I 21:57:12 Writing Sectors...
    I 22:03:45 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 1813728 - 3627435)
    W 22:13:45 Failed to Write Sectors 3589024 - 3589055 - Reason: Unknown (Write Error) (ASC: 0x0C, ASCQ: 0x81)
    W 22:13:46 Retrying (1 of 20)...
    W 22:13:46 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write
    W 22:13:46 Retrying (2 of 20)...
    W 22:25:30 Retrying (48)...
    W 22:25:30 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write
    E 22:25:30 Failed to Write Sectors 3589024 - 3589055 - Reason: Unknown (Write Error) (ASC: 0x0C, ASCQ: 0x81)
    E 22:25:30 Next Writable Address: 3588512
    I 22:25:30 Synchronising Cache...
    I 22:25:34 Closing Track...
    I 22:25:38 Finalising Disc...
    E 22:26:30 Failed to Write Image!
    I 22:26:30 Exporting Graph Data...
    I 22:26:30 Graph Data File: .\TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_SH-S223C_SB05_2012_12_20_09-54_PM_RICOHJPN-D01-67_8x.ibg
    I 22:26:30 Export Successfully Completed!
    E 22:26:30 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:31:58
    I 22:26:30 Average Write Rate: 4,078 KB/s (2.9x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,462 KB/s (8.3x)
    Does any one known if is the hardware issue or the driver problem?

System: Windows 7 x64
    DVD: "Risheng DVD-R DL Printable Disc"

Many thanks,
    Jack Wil.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I know what your problem is. Do you REALLY want the answer or are you just another newbie looking for validation that everything he did is correct? Can't help you if it's the latter one.

First of all, you're using crap media. You're using Ricoh made DVD+R DL. The ONLY reliable DVD+R DL media in the world is Verbatim. Period. You use anything else, and I mean ANYTHING else, then you come here crying about why your burns don't work. If you must for some reason use DVD-R DL discs then buy Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (if you can find them). You buy anything else, you ask for coasters.

Second, your burns are way too fast for crap media. The worse the media, the lower the burn speed. Burn those crap discs at 2.4x for the best chance of success. If you feel lucky, I guess you can try 4x but I don't recommend it. You burn at 8x, you might as well throw them in the trash. This is why ImgBurn gave you problems - your media is crap and you burned it too fast. You can do faster burns on good media and I told you what that is. It's not what you have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    LOL!!

I have never even heard of that brand!!
    ANd that alone is pretty shocking, but then around the world I bet there are all kinds of weird named media that use crappy manufacturers to just push cheap garbage onto people that have no clue....

And I bet they are +R DL not -R DL......

It just reminds me of the youtube video I saw recently where the guy said you had to use CD-R's, and not CD+R's because the software would only work on CD-R's!!!

And yes!!! He did mean CDR's, NOT DVDR's!!!
    LMAO!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. JackWill, unfortunately, you have been on the receiving end of one of jman98's numerous rude, insulting, demeaning responses. This time, the motivation seems to be that you have dared to be a newby in his eyes. You see, as a newby, you perhaps had no way of knowing your recordable discs *are* considered very substandard to frequenters of this board. But jman98 knew, and you became fair game in his eyes, lowly newby that you are (or that he thinks you are).

While we're all ignorant, just on different topics . . . .

No doubt, jman98 was born a non-newby, fully developed in knowledge and wisdom of all things computer. The rest of us have so much catching-up to do . . . . from his lofty perch, we will never do so . . . .

The odd thing, if you disregard his opening paragraph, his advice is solid, and he sometimes doesn't insult the knowledge-seeker while providing valuable information. And yet, so often he does. Recently he's been on a real rampage of harsh responses across a wide variety of topics.

Sad, really, misanthropy . . . . may have been born that way, too.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CobraPilot View Post
    JackWill, unfortunately, you have been on the receiving end of one of jman98's numerous rude, insulting, demeaning responses. This time, the motivation seems to be that you have dared to be a newby in his eyes. You see, as a newby, you perhaps had no way of knowing your recordable discs *are* considered very substandard to frequenters of this board. But jman98 knew, and you became fair game in his eyes, lowly newby that you are (or that he thinks you are).

While we're all ignorant, just on different topics . . . .

No doubt, jman98 was born a non-newby, fully developed in knowledge and wisdom of all things computer. The rest of us have so much catching-up to do . . . . from his lofty perch, we will never do so . . . .

The odd thing, if you disregard his opening paragraph, his advice is solid, and he sometimes doesn't insult the knowledge-seeker while providing valuable information. And yet, so often he does. Recently he's been on a real rampage of harsh responses across a wide variety of topics.

Sad, really, misanthropy . . . . may have been born that way, too.
    Wow... you really climbed up on your soapbox lately it seems.....
    LOL!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. jman's reply is spot on, no need to beat around the bush....

Newbie was trying hard to prove Imgburn burn failed (that is really stupid).
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you actually wanted to try something, install the most recent firmware for your drive.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Samsung/SH-S223C/files.html

You could also try enabling the 'Perform OPC Before Write' option in ImgBurn's settings (on the 'Write' tab). That's just about the only one that might make your drive perform differently. The rest is purely down to the drive I'm afraid, software simply sends it data to burn. If the drive runs into problems when writing to the media, it errors out - as yours did.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Source File File System(s): ISO9660, Joliet

Where is UDF 1.02 ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Risheng is a common brand sold in China.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Noahtuck: Wow... you really climbed up on your soapbox lately it seems.....
    LOL!!!
    Nah, just trying to balance those who crawl out from under their rocks to insult, belittle, and ridicule, and for whom the answer to everything is "LOL."

Your mileage may vary.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CobraPilot View Post
    Noahtuck: Wow... you really climbed up on your soapbox lately it seems.....
    LOL!!!
    Nah, just trying to balance those who crawl out from under their rocks to insult, belittle, and ridicule, and for whom the answer to everything is "LOL."

Your mileage may vary.
    No, I am not, nor have I ever been, since the first year this great site was brought online, a completely lazy total fucktard that needed his hand held!!!

I have actually always taken the time to search, look, read and learn, even if it takes a few days, a week, etc. to find the answer, and actually learn, instead of taking 30 seconds to make a post and hope someone came along to tell me how to turn on a light switch!!

Need I continue ??

Quote Quote  
  12. Noahtuck, you continue to place yourself on an exalted pedestal of knowledge and understanding that only you perceive, quickly negated by your "f*ckt*rd" comment, which PROVES MY POINT.

Typically, the quicker the name-calling the weaker the intellect. It sure doesn't take much intellect to sit at a keyboard and be a boor.

People make mistakes. Noobs make mistakes. Even you have probably made a few mistakes.

That does not justify you or anyone else belittling them or calling them names.

Pray DON'T continue--ever again--if the concept of VideoHELP is beyond you. It is not VideoRIDICULE.

Your mileage may vary . . . . .
    Quote Quote  
  13. Cobra, it appears the OP was trying to make a bold statement of the superiority of that ultra program.
    The points made were to steer him away from erroneous thinking.
    Even if you don't agree with the approach taken to clear it up, many of us here spend time to help newbies
    get the best results with best methods.
    Many times we don't know what their intent is either as some of them come on here to sell a particular pay for program.
    Some use paid crapware that gets stuff out of sync and blame it on good software on down the line when they get their "finished" version of the file.
    If you read threads often and perhaps sometimes daily, you would noticed some of this going on.

Then sometimes we can recommend processes or programs...whatever and they are unwilling to make change in their methodology.

Many times they don't give enough info and we are left to guess at what is going on.

So there are times that being stern is the best way to get the point across...don't over generalize what any member's attitude might be
    at a given time.
    Look at it this way, the OP hasn't posted back so likely he didn't care about whatever form the replies would turn out to be.
    Right now, you are having to defend your position with forum members.... that has nothing to do with helping anybody.
    Your posts in this thread are actually attacking other members.
    What you perceive as rude replies...others may not agree with your conclusion.

So the point is, join in and reply to threads made by newbies and in a few months you will notice that some of your own
    replies taking on a more terse form.....there will be plenty....promise.... some will have you wondering what they are thinking.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Steve(MS), if you'll note my join date, I've had plenty of opportunity to learn from, and participate in, this board. I have been "join[ing] in and reply[ing] to threads made by newbies" for a lot longer than some and have tried very hard not to descend into the "more terse form" of replies that your "promise" deems inevitable.

It's one thing to "[make] points . . . . to steer him away from erroneous thinking." It's quite another to call someone a [fill in your favorite insulting name here] unnecessarily while doing so.

As to not knowing their intent when they post, what possible VideoHELP does it serve to assume the worst and make this board into VideoRIDICULE? However, I agree that if someone clearly demonstrates --over time-- their unwillingness or inability to absorb the help offered, then maybe terse responses become justified. Until then, perhaps not so.

YMMV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JackWil View Post
    As title says.. Already 2 DVD+R DL been destroyed by ImgBurn ... It used to be no error at all with my normal DVDs...
    Last time using UltraISO at using full speed burning and it ends up with 8x speed, so I've done it with Imgburn 8x speed this time, but still got error.

Error Log:

I 21:54:31 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB05 (K (ATA)
    I 21:54:31 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67)
    I 21:54:31 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x
    I 21:54:31 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824
    I 21:54:31 Write Mode: DVD
    I 21:54:31 Write Type: DAO
    I 21:54:31 Write Speed: 8x
    I 21:54:31 DVD+R DL Reserve Track: No
    I 21:54:31 Link Size: Auto
    I 21:54:31 Lock Volume: Yes
    I 21:54:31 Test Mode: No
    I 21:54:31 OPC: No
    I 21:54:31 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    I 21:54:32 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 11,080 KB/s (8x)
    I 21:54:32 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM
    I 21:54:32 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,813,728
    I 21:54:32 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: ECC Block Boundary
    I 21:55:38 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Succeeded!
    I 21:55:42 Filling Buffer... (80 MB)
    I 21:56:07 Writing LeadIn...
    I 21:56:10 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 3627435)
    I 21:56:10 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 3627435)
    I 21:56:10 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1813727)
    W 21:56:48 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 54048)
    W 21:57:10 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 21:57:12 Writing Sectors...
    I 22:03:45 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 1813728 - 3627435)
    W 22:13:45 Failed to Write Sectors 3589024 - 3589055 - Reason: Unknown (Write Error) (ASC: 0x0C, ASCQ: 0x81)
    W 22:13:46 Retrying (1 of 20)...
    [/CODE]Does any one known if is the hardware issue or the driver problem?

System: Windows 7 x64

Many thanks,
    Jack Wil.

First things first: I also think jman98s post was and is spot on!

I have no idea why "cobrapilot" is trying to drive the discussion into some psychodibbo direction by insulting others for posting their own thoughts....
    The OP starts with badmouthing about Imgburn instead searching for the REAL issue. That is just SAD.

I highlighted some interesting points from his quoted post and more importantly within the logfile provided by Imgburn.

cobrapilot,
    is it necessary to call the Videohelp Forum Authority to make you act respectful and civilized?!
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  16. [_chef_]: cobrapilot,
    is it necessary to call the Videohelp Forum Authority to make you act respectful and civilized?!
    [_chef_], feel free to do what you think you need to do, if you think my comments aren't respectful and civilized.

But, if you'll read my comments carefully, you'll note I'm pointing a few of those who are NOT acting "respectful and civilized," who seem to think that ridiculing others should be part of VideoHELP. There seems to be a lot of "can dish it out but can't take it" going on, as a result.

Your mileage may vary.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Naah, I just pointed out my own thoughts about it, it's not my duty to act because I wasn't involved really.

It's just sad that the OP didnt post back at all.

I think he has read at least some of the posts and realized that his (or at least some of) thoughts were wrong.

1. Weak or badly performing computer (see hi in log)
    2. Known to be poorish media
    (Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67)
    3. Ridiculous writespeed chosen for that poor media (8x!)
    4. Obsolete firmware on the burner
    and 5. Maybe some wrong settings within the burning app(s)
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote