VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have bought a leading company wireless collar mike with set and it plays fine, if i hold the mic in front of my mouth.
    But , when i put it in my collar side or in the buttone hole of the shirt, it did cnot capture the sound .
    is there anything , i miss while setting the amplifier cum player , and the mike receiver.
    what would have been the cause and what is the solution
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you are getting absolutely no sound at all (which is what your post says) then it is probably a broken wire or bad connector. If you are still getting some sound, but it is very faint, then there are other solutions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i said , that if i hold the mike in front of my mouth as normal mic, then there is no problem .
    but being a collar mike , i asked this query , why it did not capture the sound when i place the collar mic in collar
    There is a receiver attached to the mic of the amplifier speaker, and the receiver set is a mike with a receiver box.
    should i change the volume or any other control to get it work
    Normally, i saw people holding the collar mic in their shirt buttons down under speaks and the sound is coming
    why my mic is not picking up is the query
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What brand and model? Some types of mike are like this by design so they don't pick up ambient background sound, especially in noisy environments.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You still did not answer what I asked: are you getting no sound whatsoever when the mic is attached to your collar? If you still get sound, but it is weak, then you have a fairly insensitive mic and need to turn up the transmitter gain.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, dark , the brand name is Ahuja awm520vl
    Hi, john, Yes i do not get the sound, when it is placed on my collar , but good sound when i hole it near my mouth.
    what is transmitter gain.
    i have the max in vollume , not total maximum, as it gives screech sound, in the mic in amplifier speaker.
    i have the max in the receiver box attached to the amplilfier speaker.
    i have fair volume about 60 percent , in the receiver box attached to the collar mike.
    i have placed the mic jack in the mic/ts. There is another jack , mic2.
    i have given all the particular
    Quote Quote  
  7. If no sound at all, then it is possible you have some sort of noise gating or squelch control which gates the device on and off depending on the amount of input volume. This is quite common for dictation recording equipment, but I've not seen it on any sort of portable lavalier microphone. If I am correct, then you should be able to hear the mic cut in and out as you talk into it, at close range, and start with a normal voice, but then get quieter and quieter until you are talking in a whisper.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, John, i will give the link, so that you could just give me, if this mic is not suitable as collar mic.
    this is the product that i am asking queries
    https://www.amazon.in/Ahuja-AWM-520VL-Wireless-Microphone/dp/B00PUJR3WY
    Quote Quote  
  9. The reviews on that Microphone are not too good. Lots of complaints just like yours.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  10. I looked at an unboxing video and also found a brochure for a similar mic in the same product line. The only things I can suggest are:

1. Make sure the battery in the transmitter is truly fresh. Weak batteries can cause all sorts of problems.

2. Make sure the antenna on the receiver is fully extended and perfectly vertical. This is really important on these types of cheap wireless mics.

3. Play around with both the receiver and transmitter volume controls. Try all four combinations of low and high on both of these knobs.
    Quote Quote