VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks! As said in my other post, I'm a Roxio Creator 2010 refugee - that software crashes on my new Windows 10 machine. It ran decently for years on my Windows 7 machine, if v-e-r-y slowly; the Win 10 box was motivated to getting through my backlog of saved Tivo shows burned more quickly So I'm looking for an alternative.

I tried multiAVCHD 4.1.771. I have handed the program both two HD *.mp4 files (edited with VideoReDo) to try to turn each into an AVC-HD disk. In each case, the program proceeded to produce an on-disk structure that looked like it might be a valid AVC-HD. I burned them to a DVD-RW in UDF format with Roxio Creator 10's "Burn Data Disc - Advanced" plugin, and the discs all failed to play on my Oppo BluRay player.

I also tried an MPEG-2 *.mpg file, also edited with VideoRedo, and it just failed during transcoding:
    --
    Transcoding failed!
    Check ffdshow/avisynth/haali (reinstall!)
    (download link here)
    DEBUG: Try to play [c:\multiAVCHD\_TEMP\multiTEMP-20200607\20200607-133342-uncrop-running-avs) in MPC or other player, which supports AviSynth scripts and report the error to the author!
    --

Downloading a fresh ffdshow did not help, same result.

I can use mp4, no complaints - VideoReDo can do lots of stuff. But the failure to be able to create a usable AVCHD disk sucks more - thoughts? Does this work for you?

Take care,
    Rob T
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have avisynth and haali installed? If you don't you need to install them. I would try remove ffdshow and install lavfilter and try again. Thats what i use on the program. Lavfilter is newer and way better than ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    Do you have avisynth and haali installed? If you don't you need to install them. I would try remove ffdshow and install lavfilter and try again. Thats what i use on the program. Lavfilter is newer and way better than ffdshow.
    I had avisynth, not sure about haali. I installed avisynth again, and haali, and also snagged lavfilter. But I have no idea how to point multiAVCHD to new binaries - help?

Thanks,
    Rob T
    Quote Quote  
  4. ive had this same issue for a long time and can not fix it no matter what i try ... if you sort it please post back here with an update
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a specific set of “helper” apps, and a specific order of installation and configuration in order to get MultiAvchd to work properly. The original “HowTo” was posted on the AdubVideo web site (“Setup a Proper Playback Chain in Windows”). Any time I’ve had an issue with MultiAvchd I go back to this as a starting point and it normally resolves the issue.
    Quote Quote