VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Devildog
    I'm not sure if this is a SVCD2DVD problem or a burning the DVD problem. When i burned the dvd it plays fine on my latptop with the video taking up the whole screen. However, on the TV (through DVD player) the video takes up about 2/3s of screen, then there is a split (ie line) and then then the other 1/3 is also playing the video. Kind of like a picture in picture. For ref. I have a 36" TV;not a wide screen.

How do I solve the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Devildog
    OK, I was tinkering around with SVCD2DVD, and I came up with this possible answer. When I start up SVCD... my output stream is set to "author dvd folders" by default. The horizontal res patch value is set to 352 by default and the buttons are inactive so I cant change the res patch to 720. So I change my output stream to "program streams" and the buttons for the horizontal res patch become active. I click on the "entire file" button under "horizontal res patch" and then change the value to "720". Now do I need to run this first and then author the dvd and then run the author dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Devildog
    Hmm, is this the so called "pan and scan" problem? I own a toshiba, so I didnt think this was the problem, but after reading about the fix, is it possible that this is the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. ROBAK
    Same problem here on my Toshiba. Split/double video images side by side. Like you said full image on left, another 1/3 image on right. Tried the test images from svcd2dvd(normal and pan/scan) web site but no diff.
    Bummer, wasted ~$20 on this software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ROBAK
    OK, made a little progress with my problem, and I mean "little"..

I found that if I encode with the pan/scan info, and then select 4:3 NORMAL on the Toshiba (SD-K620), I then get a SINGLE complete image in the middle of the screen, although it is "little".

Black borders on all 4 sides of it.

This really decreases my viewing pleasure so I immedialy turned if off and gave up.

I now know that this problem resides in the player (cheapo toshiba does not even have a pan&scan option).

The only viewing options on this model are:
    4:3 LETTERBOX
    4:3 NORMAL
    16:9 WIDESCREEN

This really stinks. I am literally forced to re-encode the whole dang SVCD to DVD, which with TMPEG is gonna take me ~4 hours. POOP!
    Quote Quote  
  6. and then the quality is even less.. you could buy a new player or just watch on your pc.
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote