VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All
    I would like to ask which is the best free (if possible) media/server streamer for the above so I can stream movies in most formats from my HP laptop to my LG blu-ray surround sound player.

If there is one that will stream most formats ie HVEC, H264/H265, 4K , MP4 format..etc that would be useful, I do mux alot of my movies to MKV so that the subtitles can be added from an srt file.

If there is a media player that wil stream all without having to Mux that would be very useful.

I do know a little about the shark codec packs that I think can be used with the windows media player.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards Dave
    Last edited by Dave W; 10th Oct 2019 at 00:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about the built-in Wndows media server ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi thanks I have Windows Media Player, but if I try to stream movies etc to my surround sound that have a higher frame rate than around 23 frames per second they won't play properly & lag or break up of the video etc.

I don't know if there is a way to integrate the shark advanced codecs to overcome the above problem ?

I have something to watch at 50fps & won't stream to tv vua surround sound.

Thanks Dave.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is your Blu-ray player a DNLA device? If so, it should be possible to use your computer as a DLNA server to stream media files to the Blu-ray player for playback. https://www.howtogeek.com/215400/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-a-dlna-media-server/

However, the Blu-ray player must support the container file format and have the ability to decode the audio and video stored in the file. The Blu-ray player manual should have a section with guidelines listing what it can play. If your Blu-ray player's manual says it can play 50fps then your network may be at fault.

Note that regular Blu-ray players can't play H.265 or 4K. You need a UHD Blu-ray player to play either H.265 or 4K, or you need to convert from H.265 to H.264 video and downscale from 4K to HD.

[Edit]It may be worth looking into an Android TV box for streaming media playback if you have many files that the Blu-ray player won't play.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Oct 2019 at 14:23.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi thanks for the info' yes my blu-Ray is DNLA I will have to check the specs of the player. I think from memory it is an UHD player & 3-D compatable.

Thank you

Dave
    Quote Quote