VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My wife & I just used TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 to make a 40 minute slideshow with 12 chapters. It was to be played at a family gathering, so I configured it to play continuously on a loop. Now that the gathering is done, several people want copies of the DVD to keep. I'd like to reconfigure this DVD now, so that it will not play on a loop ... and will just return to the menu when done. No other changes. I know where this setting is, but do I have to start all over & re-author this DVD from the beginning just to change this 1 setting? Or can I just make a simple change with my existing DVD file? Even if I do have to start all over, would I be able to "copy & paste" any part of my previous DVD file to save some time? I haven't been able to figure this out. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I assume that you didn't save project file neither source photos. Right? So, the quickest way would be to copy DVD to HD and edit it (ifo/bup files) in PgcEdit to change the loop option to 'return to a menu'. Otherwise you would need to import the DVD to TDA via Source Wizard, and re-create menus - they cannot be imported as they are rendered as a video, and chapter links are no longer editable.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you!
    Actually, the project file is saved & the photos are still in exactly the same place. I've tried simply changing the loop setting in the project file, but I get a message that pops up about having to redo everything. Don't know the exact message, because I'm at work now. Either way though, I tried what I thought might work, but it didn't. Should there be a quick solution? Thank you again!
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, so you need to go to "Menu" tab, and click on button "Global DVD menu setting" > General > Track playback end action setting > and select preferred option. Done
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll give that a try right when I get home ... thank you very much!
    Edit: And it worked perfectly ... thank you!
    Quote Quote