VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. my modem ALWAYS disconnects whenever DVD2SVCD is in the ripping process. i suspect it has something to do with drivers? i dunno. does anyone know the cause of this? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. ok, i seem to have found the cause of this problem. it looks like i have to set the transfer mode of my DVD drive to DMA instead PIO. sounds simple enough, but damnit i have another problem now. i've changed the setting for my DVD drive to "DMA if Available" in the Secondary IDE Channel Properties under Device Manager but the current transfer mode still says "PIO Mode". I'm using a Lite-On 16X DVD drive and i'm definite that it supports DMA. I currently have it as the master drive on the secondary IDE port. my CD writer is the secondary drive and the Device Manager settings for DMA on this drive seems to work fine. I'm using Windows XP. can anyone help me out here?

and to the moderator(s), sorry for posting this on the DVD Ripping forum. i realise that this has turned to more of a technical issue but i couldn't find any other suitable forum for the subject, and since i first encountered the problem while ripping a DVD i thought i might as well continue on.
    Quote Quote