VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I've tried this method (US DVD's - Film at 23 FPS)

1. Flask the video with cce 2.5 direct stream copy the AC3 sound, I use constant bitrate 2000 bps, DVD compliant, Progressive frames checked, Close all Gops audio 224
    2. Pulldown.exe the ntsc 23 FPS film to 29 FPS
    3. Use streamweaver to link the sound and Vid - The video length is always shorter than the sound so I increase this value to the same
    4. Use DV Tool to link the Vobs to 1 file (none of my authoring programs seem to accept multiple vobs for the same movie)
    5. Author with quick builder
    6. Write the DVDR with nero

I've tried step 5 with "My DVD" but I get a gop error when it

The finished article works fine (2 DVD films on one DVDR) for a while usually around 10 minutes then the video gets "choppy" playing a second pause play a second pause etc. usaully getting worse the longer it goes.

I've also tried ripping the main movie vobs and doing a direct copy to DVDR (great idea as you have all subtitles and audio channels)- This plays in one DVD Player fine but the other Player goes "Choppy" as above after 5 minutes.

In both cases pressing stop on the player (first stop so you are still able to continue)then pressing play again to continue from the same place the movie plays fine for 10 and 5 minutes as above then goes "Choppy" again.
    I take it doing this clears a buffer of some sorts.

Anyone any help or ideas?

To add to this I can make perfect copies of "Silvers" DVD's
    that work perfect and I've converted original UK Pal 25 FPS DVD's no problem but I've been able to use "My DVD" as my authoring software.
    P.s. What authoring proge can accept streamweaver output.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The program who works with Streamweaver is DVDMotion
    Contact me for more information
    Quote Quote