VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been searching this site on how to convert a dvd to Apple Mpeg-4 with quicktime pro 6 but have yet to have it working. I want to take a dvd and convert it to apple mpeg 4 so I can use apple streaming server to stream the movie. Does anyone have any info on how to do this??? every time I try i get no audio or no pic or out of sync before exporting to mpeg 4.

Please Helpppp
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats illegal.

Q
    "Good Luck 007"
    In Memory of Desmond Llewelyn
    Quote Quote  
  3. Reply I know it is but It would be for my use and a few friends
    Quote Quote  
  4. Say I have friends come over to watch the movie.. that's legal. All I'm doing is providing a different way of watching the movie no wrong with that either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the DVD is ripped into an .avi container then processing it with DivX Doctor II will allow you to import it into QT Pro, from where you can export it as an Apple mpeg 4
    Quote Quote  
  6. Backing up a DVD that you legally own is not at all illegal. Hell, I make DivX copies of quite a few of my DVD's so that I can watch them at my friend's place (he has no DVD-ROM drive or DVD player).

As to doing it in MPEG-4 format, the only viable option (the rip/doctor/resave one won't work, I'd bet the farm on it) is OpenShiiva, available at http://openshiiva.sf.net. Sadly, development on it seems to have come to a screeching -- and probably permanent -- halt.[/url]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'll have to have an editing application capable of MUXING MPEG-2 with MPEG audio.
    In order to do this, you need a BRAND NEW freeware tool to first convert the RIPPED HOLLYWOOD SOUND always .AC3 to MPEG LAYER II audio format.. Don't worry, its also DVD compliant
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/mac3dec.html
    Quote Quote