VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What kind of pet do you have?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, nothing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

No pets - allergies.....

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NIce pic and the dog.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Man's best friend.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cute dog.

We have a family of semi-domestic chipmunks that comes out of hibernation each spring to greet us. They'll sit on your shoulder and take a nut out of your mouth if you let them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Four cats, my wife's a real cat nut. She rescued the last one from the shelter when ROTK was in the theaters. Guess what she calls him?

MY PRECIOUSSSSS

When she wants to bug me she goes: "Yes, yes, I found him. He's mine, my own. My Preciousss." Not kidding. And the little bugger worships her.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by fritzi93
    And the little bugger worships her
    The little bugger worship her or enjoy being worshipped?

The difference betwen cats and dogs:
    The dog is thinking "My owner loves me, he is God"
    The cat is thinking "My owner loves me, i am God"

Cats are quite selfish "little buggers" Thats why we dont get headlines like "Cat rescues owner from alligator",
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah, weird. But the cat was abused badly before she got him and bonded to her. My wife has a real soft spot for critters like that. The other cats are more aloof, just normal cats. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have any real pets anymore. I was considering a dog again but I've had them for over 40 years so that's enough for now. I do have some wild animals that I've adopted (or they have adopted me), including a family of crows that are so tame around me that they come to within 18 inches of me to be fed, several squirrels (spring, summer and autumn only), and many varieties of smaller birds that depend on me feeding them for the cold winter months. We have bears also, but they are a problem as they go after the garbage cans in the backyard for a free meal. The authorities trap them and remove them but many are killed each year as they return to their "feeding grounds" in people's backyards. Once they get the idea that that is where they want to be, they can be extremely dangerous and have to be removed. It's also a shame that many will return to your area after having been removed to another area hundreds of miles away. You don't have many options when a bear gets to that level...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by oldfart13
    You don't have many options when a bear gets to that level...
    Too right. There was one in my area recently that liked the garbage at one particular house. Then the homeowners started taking their trash directly to the transfer station. The bear must have gotten frustrated one night, he stretched upright full length and pulled a big section of vinyl siding down off one side of their house. The Game Commission trapped him, he came back. Then the story just disappeared. Rumor has it they had to shoot him eventually and decided it was better to keep it quiet, so as not to outrage any animals rights people. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Nice crows oldfart13, birds can be alot of fun. My parents got a magpie couple nesting every year in a lonely pinetree just outside the house. They seem to trust us, they even let us put back chickens who fell out.
    Why would magpies build a nest in such an unlikely place? They are smart, they know its the safest place to not get killed by cats, coz my parents got East-Siberian Laikas (hunting dogs), very good predator/cat hunters.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have a stuff Petes Dragon. Does that count?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A dog and a cat .... but I voted Dog
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    where's the "Fish" button?

well personally no pet at the moment, but if we talk house-wise...

myself a goldfish up til a little before i moved to university (a tank-cleaning whoopsy poisoned little, permanently bemused sushi..)

and my brother, being the more petty of us (hehe).. several goldfish, several hamsters (none of those being concurrent, mind), a rat, a chocolate brown "punky" guinea pig (ate itself to death ), two, then eight, then three guinea pigs (took two on from a friend... seems one of them was pregnant before the sale) which eventually had to be sold on when he went to university in aberystwyth......... and finally a couple goldfish that lasted all of three weeks, replaced now by Lindford, the immortal hamster.

immortal because for the past two weeks he's been in my charge whilst brother dearest has been skydiving in spain. i've paid the animal a disgusting level of neglect and he's still coming out and running round in his wheel every night. have fed it & left juicy fruits out every other 3 or 4 days (as it doesn't seem to be drinking), ie as and when i remember it even exists and it keeps ticking.

hardest hamster in the world. most flake out if you dont continually dote on them.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by reboot
    4 cats.
    You have pictures?

I love cats.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Here`s a my mom and dads cat!
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    edit
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got allergies but I have a bird, a stray cat and neighborhood puppy dog that I visit everyday.

Quote Quote  
  19. budz thanks.

Love the cat picture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    5 cats,2 dogs, 3 turles and 1 chinchilla....help me!
    Her name is Laura. She loves my bush.
    Quote Quote