VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I'm a little bit familiar with video formats but are stumped with the requirements Xoro makes for this model:

https://www.xoro.de/produkte/details/xoro-hsd-8470/ (in German)

There is a bit more information in the manual and here is a translation from DeepL, as I can’t find any English language documentation (I assume this device is sold under different brands in other countries):

“If the distance between the individual I-frames of MPEG-4 files is more than 30 seconds, there may be interference during playback. When creating MPEG-4 files, please note that video and audio can only be played with the "interleave" option.
    Files with the extension *.avi, *.mpg and *.mpeg will be displayed and played if necessary. Other formats are unknown and may not be displayed. Different MPEG-4 codes are supported. They must be created according to the recognized standard MPEG-4 Part 2 (MPEG-4 SP/ASP). Otherwise errors may occur during display.
    Container formats like MKV, MP4 or similar are not supported.
    The H.264 or VC1 codec is not supported.
    Supported audio formats in MPEG-x files are:
    MPEG-4: MPEG-1/2: Sampling Frequency: Bitrate:
    AC3, PCM, MP3, WMA
    MP2 / MPA
    8 - 48 kHz (MP3) or 32 - 48 kHz (WMA)
    8 to 320 kbps (MP3) or 32-192 kbps (WMA)”

I want to burn Videos I downloaded with Youtube-DL on a data DVD. I usually use Handbrake but I can't even find all settings that are mentioned in the manual.

Any help where I can find the necessary information or what software to use instead would be appreciated.

Should I even do this on a Mac or would a PC be better suited? Would it be possible to force Youtube-dl to download/convert to a fitting format?

Maybe someone knows under what name this player is available in English speaking countries. That could help in finding answers as well.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This would be Avi files utilizing the Xvid or Divx codec, popular circa 2005.
    From memory, the file resolution has to be at or below 720x576 (standard definition, resize your files as necessary), audio should be mp3.

Try Avidemux, it still includes Avi/Xvid
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xvid3.png
Views:	18
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	57578  

Click image for larger version

Name:	xvid2.png
Views:	22
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	57579  

Click image for larger version

Name:	xvid1.png
Views:	10
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	57580  

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    This would be Avi files utilizing the Xvid or Divx codec […]
    Thank you so much for your detailed answer. And screenshots!

Try Avidemux, it still includes Avi/Xvid
    I actually already have that app, totally forgot. That will work
    Quote Quote