VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. are they good as the verbatims?? and have you noticed any hiccups in the video??

the reason why i ask is because i can get them for $11 a pack opposed to the verbatims"s that i have now. which i bougth 4 packs and paid around $65 for when i could have gotten 6 packs of memorex for the same price...

i see in the reviews section the the media ID is ritek branded so does that mean it would be cheaper to buy the memorex instead of buying ritek dualayer disks??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought a 25-pack at CompUSA last week for $99. Mine at least, are Riteks. I've burned about 5 of them so far and they all work perfectly.

I do like the Verbatim DL media better because it burns at 4x instead of 2.4x in my Pioneer 108, and because one of my players occasionally refuses to play the Riteks (all my other players play them fine). Other people have reported more compatibilty issues with Ritek DL media. I'm willing to pay 20-30% more for Verbatim, but in this case, Verbatim was 66% more, so I bought the Memorex. So far, I am very happy with them.

This was the first time I'd seen DL media on a spindle. I hope Verbatim will be available on spindles of 25 or 50 soon (at a semi-reasonable price).
    Quote Quote