VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I created a menu in DVD Architect 2 and then added my video and linked chapters to my buttons, burned it and played it and to my suprise the menu never came up but the video played straight through.

Can anyone help me to understand what I did wrong? Did I connect the menu incorrectly?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Dig
    Did I connect the menu incorrectly?

Thanks
    Probably. I am not working with Architect, but have a suggestion how to look for the problem. Such a programme like PGCEdit has a very useful trace mode. In this mode you can look at the commands which are executed once the DVD is "loaded" in the "tray". You open with it VIDEO_TS folder from your HD, no need to have burned DVD. So, you can see how come that it is played straight away, without to show the menu.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    a pure guess -- haven't ever seen this happen -- would be if you didn't author a separate chapter menu, it might have written the menu as a chapter menu instead of title or root.

Otherwise as Abond posted, maybe Pgcedit will help find prob. ALso a couple threads lately if I remember correctly had similar prob., so might want to try and find those.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I want to ask another question about scene chapter menus.

I want to create a DVD using DVD Architect 6 with menus. I have seven videos and I want each to have a chapter menu screen. When I create these chapters, I get a separate link button on the main menu screen. I only want the CHAPTERS SELECTION to be selectable from the main screen and not the actual video.

Was my question clear? I remember I did this somehow years ago and I forgot how to only display the chapter menu without the video as a whole selection. I do not want two links on the main page for the same video. I hope that made sense.
    ================
    Trust doesn't rust. I am Error.
    Quote Quote