VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been making Iso files with Encore cs6 and burning them to DVD and am repeatedly having an issue:

- The first play clip which is 15 seconds long plays and after a split second freezes and starts the clip over and plays through
    - Then it goes to the default menu and same thing after a split second it freezes and repeats the screen
    - I then play the main timeline and again after a split second it starts over making this odd double start effect before playing through

I would really like to solve this. These are 480p files, 29.97 fps, H.264 (Mpeg2 did the same thing) .mp4 format, NTSC

Thanks for reading!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is this behavior occurring when you are previewing a disk image, when you are playing a burned disk on the computer, or when you are playing the burned disk on a standalone player? Encore authoring works best with a burned disk in a standalone player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. This happens when I have burnt the disk and try to play it both on VLC on my computer and also on my dvd player which is made by Toshiba.
    In the preview on Encore there is no issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Coldmorningair View Post
    I've been making Iso files with Encore cs6 and burning them to DVD and am repeatedly having an issue:

- The first play clip which is 15 seconds long plays and after a split second freezes and starts the clip over and plays through
    - Then it goes to the default menu and same thing after a split second it freezes and repeats the screen
    - I then play the main timeline and again after a split second it starts over making this odd double start effect before playing through

I would really like to solve this. These are 480p files, 29.97 fps, H.264 (Mpeg2 did the same thing) .mp4 format, NTSC

Thanks for reading!
    authored dvds can't be h264. they also can't be 29.97p. read "what is dvd" - https://www.videohelp.com/dvd carefully.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes after burning the Iso file, the video files inside the DVD when I look at it on my computer are VOB files, the files that I am importing as timelines into Encore are H.264, 29.97 fps, 480 p, mp4's, I also tried Mpeg2 with the same issue.

Thanks for the information and for looking at my question.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    encore must be re-encoding all your videos. it might be better to start with dvd spec mpeg-2 so it doesn't re-encode.

in my experience if a dvd is pausing, skipping, etc. it's usually because it's out of spec. check your bitrates to make sure they are ok.

dvd-lab pro is/was a better dvd authoring program.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've been wondering if there is something better than Encore, thanks for the tip I will check that program out!

I cleared cache on Adobe premiere and exported everything in Mpeg-2 again and this time it worked when I put the file into Encore and burned a DVD from the ISO.
    No double start/skip issue!
    So I think you are right about Mpeg-2 being more appropriate, not sure why it didn't work the first time with mpeg-2 but thanks for encouraging me to try again.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote