VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVD, where there is no single title of the length of the DVD, but small chapters of 10 minutes or so. The total DVD length is about an hour.

I have tried AutoGK (yeah, old school, I still love the program) and then VidCoder, same problem. Anybody has an idea how do I fix this issue so that I can rip the DVD to one single hour long file. The title screenshot attached below.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-12 12_26_28-ASticky_ A231723CD83813CD.png
Views:	272
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	22731
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You can combine all of the vob files in a DVD-Video into one mpeg file without losing any video quality. Vob2Mpg should be able to do this.

Import the mpeg file into Vidcoder if you want to convert to H264 mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ...or you can use DVD Shrink in Re-author mode to join all titles and then use AutoGK or VidCoder.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  4. what also might work is the older dvddecrypter. have it set to rip in "file mode" but in the options of the program under file mode it has "split file by" -- setting it to "none" would give one long vob file. Not sure though if it would work across a few title sets but it might
    Quote Quote