VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marvel2020
    Besides the Star Wars saga is dead, theres a new King and it's called.....

LORD OF THE RINGS

Enough said
    Last time I checked, I didn't get that impression.

How often do you get people going to conventions dressed in LOTR costumes? Vs. dressing as a Jedi? (You wouldn't believe the number of Jedi I see every year at the International Comic-Con :P ) How many people claim that their religion is something from LOTR? Vs. Jedi? (See these links: http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=20874 & http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=19833 What was the most requested title(s) for DVD? Wasn't LOTR (even the first one), it was Star Wars...

While LOTR may have it's own rather large fan base, Star Wars is hardly "dead".....
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jsh139
    Personally, I have made a decision to not purchase any edition of SW where Greedo shoots first. I know it sounds stupid, but changing that scene really irked me. All of the other little additions and changes added up together do not anger me as much as that one. I think I would buy these new SE DVDs if they just reinstated that scene.
    What's so bad about Greedo shooting first? (I have seen the original, but i don't remember that scene in particular)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mujahid7ia
    Originally Posted by jsh139
    Personally, I have made a decision to not purchase any edition of SW where Greedo shoots first. I know it sounds stupid, but changing that scene really irked me. All of the other little additions and changes added up together do not anger me as much as that one. I think I would buy these new SE DVDs if they just reinstated that scene.
    What's so bad about Greedo shooting first? (I have seen the original, but i don't remember that scene in particular)
    It makes it look like Han Solo is doing it in self defense more-so-than in the original. In the original he just shoots him so as to get away. In a sense you could say it was still self defense but it appears as Han is more of a "bad ass" in the original.

I'm OK with the SE versions AS LONG AS the original versions were ALSO available. At least give us a choice OR release the ORIGINAL and SE in one package so we have to buy BOTH but at least we can pick which one to watch.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, thanks for clearing that up. I never gave a rat's ass who shot first and I have always wondered what all the bitching was about. Now I know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The point is, that Lucas was afraid that people would see Han as a cold-hearted killer. Even though Greedo says in so many words he's going to kill Han.

<paraphrase>

Han: Over my dead body.

Greedo: That's the idea. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Han: Yes, I'll bet you have.

</paraphrase>

It's just an attempt on his part to soften the movie to get it to appeal to a wider audience. Like the E.T. walkie-talkie scene.

Pisses me off is all.
    "Water rushes over me, said the water rises up on me. Thought the sun would come deliver me, but the truth has come to punish me instead."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to see the South Park "Free Hat" episode. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by teegee420
    You have to see the South Park "Free Hat" episode. I think you'll enjoy it.
    I was actually thinking of that episode when I went off on my tirade
    "Water rushes over me, said the water rises up on me. Thought the sun would come deliver me, but the truth has come to punish me instead."
    Quote Quote