VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok so I have an SVCD that has chapters. I want to make a CD Image of the file and keep the chapters. I tried messing around with VCDEasy (which didn't do it) and also making the image file with Alcohol 120% (nope). I'm open to suggestions, already searched the forums, google, and looked around on the site. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Man I must ask some really good questions, I never get any answers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what do you want to do with it? do you want to copy the disc or what?
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    CDRWin can create bin/cue image files. 8)
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  5. I want to make a bin/cue of the disc while keeping the chapters intact. I know that CDRWin can make bin/cue files, BUT when you make the bin/cue with CDRWin, it LOSES the chapter information! Try it sometime, I have, or else I would not be here asking my question
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by glassvial
    I want to make a bin/cue of the disc while keeping the chapters intact. I know that CDRWin can make bin/cue files, BUT when you make the bin/cue with CDRWin, it LOSES the chapter information! Try it sometime, I have, or else I would not be here asking my question
    Strange! I don't have any disks with chapters so I can't try it. What the hell kind of disk-image changes the disk?

What about a program like CloneCD?
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do an image copy in something like Nero. You're probably trying to copy this disc in the incorrect Mode. I don't use CDRWin anymore, but I used to copy.. er backup... a lot of PSX games, and one has to be careful about which mode you use to copy the disc in.

Alternatively, there's the long way around. VCDEasy \ Tools \ VCDXRIP will disassemble ("rip") an existing S\VCD to your harddrive and create the XML file. Use this XML file in VCDEasy to recreate the disc with all components (including your chapters).
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote  
  8. Tried CloneCD. No dice, the cue file it created didn't keep the chapter points (which is basically what I want to do).

Tried Nero, but, I'm not trying to COPY the disc, I'm trying to make an image of the disc while keeping the chapter points (ideally bin/cue)

Tried the VCDEasy way, got a bin, toc, mpg, and xml file, now what do I do with it all to re-create a bin/cue with chapter points?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The cue file won't contain any chapter points anyway. That's not what a cue file does, it just defines how to write the data in the bin file to a CD. If you're looking in the cue file expecting to see chapters you're never going to find them no matter what software you use.

As for VCDEasy, you can either burn the existing set to a new disc and try it or use the vcdxbuild front-end in VCDEasy to load the XML file and create a whole new image.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    glassvial:

You're not looking at the cue file, not seeing an entry per chapter, and saying to yourself: "There are no chapters in here", are you?

An SVCD's chapters are not seperate files, like on DVD. Most times there's just one mpeg2 file; chapters (or entrypoints as they're called) are accomplished by authoring PBC information, stored in seperate files on the disc.

Don't worry if you can't see your chapters in the cue file. It's not stored there.
    /\/\ars /\/\ayhem
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ok well how about this, lets say *in theory* I want to do the following:

Extract the mpeg file from a disc
    This disc has chapters, or aka entrypoints (svcd)
    I want to mess with the mpeg file (*example*, if I wanted to do the mpeg header trick, svcd->vcd)
    I want to then burn the mpeg file back to disc, and keep the "entrypoints" as they were

Ok not sure I can be much more clear than that

Hopefully someone has an answer, or maybe with the VCDEasy way, it's already been answered
    Quote Quote