VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Rotten to the Core!
    Search PM
    We use comcast to provide Internet access ONLY.
    They recently sent a piece of H/W they call FLEX which includes Peacock "premium".
    I use the parens because Peacock "premium" includes commercials. This has been double-checked and verified.
    I was dead-set against it but they successfully convinced us that this box & service is completely free of charge.

I'm very skeptical about this.
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    KODI/Mecool WMC/Win7Pro ROKU-VX/3/4/Ultra HDHR3-CC/Xfinity LibreELEC/RPi4B-8Gb
    The truth isn't altered by your version of it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If it shows ads, it is not free. You pay with your time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Neno View Post
    We use comcast to provide Internet access ONLY.
    They recently sent a piece of H/W they call FLEX which includes Peacock "premium".
    I use the parens because Peacock "premium" includes commercials. This has been double-checked and verified.
    I was dead-set against it but they successfully convinced us that this box & service is completely free of charge.

I'm very skeptical about this.
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    I have both Xfinity Internet and cable TV. I don't have a FLEX box but they are free to Xfinity Internet-only subscribers https://www.xfinity.com/learn/flex.

Peacock was pre-installed on my X1 cable box. I also installed the Peacock app on my Chromecast with Google TV and I had to sign in with my Xfinity username and password to have access to some content. Yes, Peacock is free on both platforms although there are commercials. However, all the other free streaming services I use are also advertising-supported.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 21st Apr 2022 at 20:29.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote