VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As a musician, I often use compressor limiter devices and software, but for audio only. But I was wondering it there is any software to compress-limit the audio volume of videos, movies, etc. I would like to have a constant audio volume output without the ups and downs that often occurs. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You just separate the audio, use the tools you're familiar with, then put the new audio and video back together
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dynamic range compression can be done at playback for instance by enabling the corresponding win10 sound Enhancement.
    VLC also has some built-in audio filters which can be applied.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    You just separate the audio, use the tools you're familiar with, then put the new audio and video back together
    I know how to separate the audio from the video. But could you tell me how I put the video and audio back together after I use the compressor-limiter tools? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tcgoes View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I know how to separate the audio from the video. But could you tell me how I put the video and audio back together after I use the compressor-limiter tools? Thank you.
    Avidemux or mkvtoolnix GUI is MKV is suitable
    Quote Quote  
  6. MKVToolNix for MKV. ffmpeg (command line tool) for most other containers. ProWo's Clever ffmpeg GUI for a GUI for ffmpeg. It might even support ffmpeg's audio acompressor filter so you don't have to demux/remux separately.

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#acompressor
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote