VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear Sir,

I have MPEG4 set top box which is of no use and kept idle as I view TV programs through TATA SKY provider. The box cannot be use as I have disconnected the previous provider (who has given me this Box), and hence set top box is kept idle. It has USB slot. How can I use this slot to view videos on TV by connecting set top box to TV. When set top box was in use to view TV programs I could view videos through USB through set top box on TV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shrikant.tillu View Post
    Dear Sir,

I have MPEG4 set top box which is of no use and kept idle as I view TV programs through TATA SKY provider. The box cannot be use as I have disconnected the previous provider (who has given me this Box), and hence set top box is kept idle. It has USB slot. How can I use this slot to view videos on TV by connecting set top box to TV. When set top box was in use to view TV programs I could view videos through USB through set top box on TV.
    I think you have answered your own question - since you could previously play media files via a usb memory stick you could simply copy any video files from whatever source and maybe only in mp4 format that the unit uses, although you could check on that. My Beyonwiz PVR has a button on the RC to go to recorded media files either internal source or external including USB memory stick. In the case of the Beyonwiz it will play mp4, TS, MPEG, AVI, MKV etc including H265. So you might be in luck as a general purpose media player.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shrikant.tillu View Post
    Dear Sir,

If your old TV provider disabled your old set-top box to the extent that you can't access its playback functions after you discontinued service then it is unlikely that the set-top box can be re-activated by a third party to allow it to play videos from its USB port.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 29th May 2021 at 16:12.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    MPEG4 box? Let me guess..... Oh, there are hundreds of MPEG4 boxes, and probably a dozen of TV service providers in India, So the only possible guess I can give is the one provided in the above post.
    Quote Quote