VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was impressed how many hollywood blockbuster films were using davinci resolve, but there is an equally impressive amount of popular television shows using DaVinci Resolve. Let me know if you find any other shows that have been done on davinci resolve. This is a large list including Riverdale, GOT, Lucifer and Modern Family. I found a video showing all the latest tv shows using davinci resolve. Go find out more shows by clicking on the link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR11ypPm1E4&feature=youtu.be

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's like any tool, only as good as the craftsman using it!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Also used in a pile of Hollywood feature films.
    Black Magic make equipment for the film/tv industry so it would seem obvious thier software is also used by many in the industry
    Quote Quote  
  4. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of how many shows use Resolve for grading (a lot) and how many use it for actual editing (not so many.)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    It would be interesting to see a breakdown of how many shows use Resolve for grading (a lot) and how many use it for actual editing (not so many.)
    The reason(s) have little to do with Resolve's capabilities vs that of competitors, for instance Premiere Pro, it has to do with the deals various companies make with film schools.

For instance, one of the best film schools in the country is NYU Tisch, if you are a student there you get Adobe CC for free, as do all NYU students:

https://www.nyu.edu/life/information-technology/getting-started/software/adobe.html

This is something that many of the large companies do; Microsoft provides free copies of Office to many colleges, including the schools I went to, they provide free copies of MS Visual Studio to many computer science and IT students, on the condition that the software is used in the classrooms to teach computer programming.

Years ago, as one of my electives, I took a graphics arts class and it was taught using Adobe products; this has the net effect of when a student graduates the software he/she knows how to use is from a single vendor.

In all fairness though, in the case of MS Office it is leaps and bounds better than any competing product.
    Quote Quote